The countdown is on...
Hard to believe but there is roughly 34 days left until baby Swartz is here... Had an appointment today with my ob/gyn. My belly now measures 35 cm and the heartbeat sounds good on the baby. I now weigh 150 (actually lost a lb since my last appointment - but I chalk it up to maybe having heavier clothes on at the last appointment) and my blood pressure was 109/61. My strep b test/culture that they took at the last appointment came back negative so that is another relief for me.
The doctor said that at the next appointment they will start doing 'internals' which means they will be checking to see how dilated I am. Also I will be getting another ultrasound/sonogram done to see how the baby is doing. Hopefully she has slowed down in her growth so I don't deliver a HUGE baby! :D
I am getting nervous and I find myself looking up about labor on the americanbaby.com website. Probably not a good thing to do... Last night I went to a breastfeeding class at DeGraff Hospital and learned a lot about how to feed the baby the natural way. It was interesting to see the other women who are also due in early February. They are bigger than me! What's really nice is that the woman teaching the class stressed that if we have any questions or concerns there are lactation consultants we can contact (as much as we want) at both Milliard Suburban and Children's Hospital.
Derrick is getting nervous too about being a daddy. It will be interesting to see how he reacts at the child birthing class we have on January 15th.
Below is a picture that D took of me yesterday (at my 35 week mark). He is getting a laugh every day with me now since it is hard to bend over or reach over to shut his car door.
The doctor said that at the next appointment they will start doing 'internals' which means they will be checking to see how dilated I am. Also I will be getting another ultrasound/sonogram done to see how the baby is doing. Hopefully she has slowed down in her growth so I don't deliver a HUGE baby! :D
I am getting nervous and I find myself looking up about labor on the americanbaby.com website. Probably not a good thing to do... Last night I went to a breastfeeding class at DeGraff Hospital and learned a lot about how to feed the baby the natural way. It was interesting to see the other women who are also due in early February. They are bigger than me! What's really nice is that the woman teaching the class stressed that if we have any questions or concerns there are lactation consultants we can contact (as much as we want) at both Milliard Suburban and Children's Hospital.
Derrick is getting nervous too about being a daddy. It will be interesting to see how he reacts at the child birthing class we have on January 15th.
Below is a picture that D took of me yesterday (at my 35 week mark). He is getting a laugh every day with me now since it is hard to bend over or reach over to shut his car door.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home