Fish Fry Saturday
Derrick and Elizabeth got some Daddy and Daughter time today while I took my mom to get her hair done and got mine trimmed as well. I got home and finished off straightening the house up a little. I also made the tartar sauce and the batter for the fish and set the table.
Elizabeth's Great Grandma (Elizabeth) June came over with Grandpa Swartz around 4:30pm and visited for a little bit before we started making dinner. It turned out very nice. The fish (that we had caught in Canada during the summer and cooked tonight) was delicious and the apple dumplings that I heated up for dessert were yummy too! We got them as part of a fundraiser for the daycare and we have been very surprised at how good they were and also the apple pie that we had around Christmas time. Definitely will order those again next year if they offer them. (And Derrick thought I was silly for purchasing them and now has changed his mind... LOL)
While I was sitting with Derrick's Grandma, Elizabeth decided to test her chompers and bit me on my shoulder. That's the first time she did that to me and needless to say I exclaimed 'OUCH!' which then brought Elizabeth to tears. Hopefully that won't become a habit...
Elizabeth's Great Grandma (Elizabeth) June came over with Grandpa Swartz around 4:30pm and visited for a little bit before we started making dinner. It turned out very nice. The fish (that we had caught in Canada during the summer and cooked tonight) was delicious and the apple dumplings that I heated up for dessert were yummy too! We got them as part of a fundraiser for the daycare and we have been very surprised at how good they were and also the apple pie that we had around Christmas time. Definitely will order those again next year if they offer them. (And Derrick thought I was silly for purchasing them and now has changed his mind... LOL)
While I was sitting with Derrick's Grandma, Elizabeth decided to test her chompers and bit me on my shoulder. That's the first time she did that to me and needless to say I exclaimed 'OUCH!' which then brought Elizabeth to tears. Hopefully that won't become a habit...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home