Ear Infections
Elizabeth has more ear infections on top of having a cold. We took her in to the doctor's office since she wasn't any better. She had a fever, tearing eyes, and green boogers. We called the office and they said to bring her in. We asked the nurse what causes the ear infections and she explained it could be due to environmental issues such as second hand smoke, wood stove use, hereditary, and just having a cold or being around kids/people with colds. She showed us a picture of a child's anatomy vs. an adult's and how the ear canals are different. The adult ear canal tips down while a baby's ear canal is flat or level and so when the baby has a cold sometimes things drain into the ear canal and then become infected.
They prescribed some antibiotic for her to take. Since I had to do some running around with my mom to doctor's appointments we dropped Elizabeth off at daycare and Derrick was going to pick her up early so she wouldn't be there the whole day. I didn't want to take her into medical offices where she might catch something else and get even more sick. I called the daycare in between appointments and they said that she was not her usual bubbly self but she hasn't cried at all and her appetite was good.
When she got home her nose had stopped running so we were happy about that and she took her medicine well. She didn't want to take a nap though. Eventually she did and Bella decided to curl up on my chest while I sat in the lounge chair. She hasn't done this since I was pregnant. I have tried in the recent past to put her on me while laying in bed to give her some rubs but she always jumped off so this was a treat to have her jump up and cuddle me like this.
They prescribed some antibiotic for her to take. Since I had to do some running around with my mom to doctor's appointments we dropped Elizabeth off at daycare and Derrick was going to pick her up early so she wouldn't be there the whole day. I didn't want to take her into medical offices where she might catch something else and get even more sick. I called the daycare in between appointments and they said that she was not her usual bubbly self but she hasn't cried at all and her appetite was good.
When she got home her nose had stopped running so we were happy about that and she took her medicine well. She didn't want to take a nap though. Eventually she did and Bella decided to curl up on my chest while I sat in the lounge chair. She hasn't done this since I was pregnant. I have tried in the recent past to put her on me while laying in bed to give her some rubs but she always jumped off so this was a treat to have her jump up and cuddle me like this.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home