A Baby Story

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Busy Day

Not only was it Elizabeth's six month's marker but we had unexpected company. Elizabeth's Great Grandpa Popovici and Great Grandma Mary stopped by to visit Elizabeth and see our house.

This was the first time they saw the baby since they were in Florida when she was born and then Mary was very sick when they got back to the area. It was an unexpected surprise and I was a little embarrased that the house wasn't in it's best form. We had been cleaning and moving things around before they came.

Here's Elizabeth's Great Grandpa Mike and Great Grandma Mary:


Derrick was working in the back garage painting my cousin's truck and so he stopped up front to say hi briefly. They stayed for an hour or so and then left. I took the dogs out to go potty and Twister ended up stepping on a bee. The bee stung him in the inner/tender part of his rear paw and he tried to attack the bee as it flew up from the ground. He then started yipping and lifted his leg. Derrick ended up carrying him back to the house.

We knew it really hurt because he didn't want to eat his dinner and he is a piggie normally. Derrick tried to get the stinger out of Twister's paw and Twister kept crying and trying to bite him while I held him. I tried and Twister let me get the stinger out. I put an ice cube on his boo boo which he only tolerated for a little bit and then he licked it the rest of the afternoon. He felt better by bedtime and was walking on it by then.

Mom I got a boo boo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home