Showered with gifts
Today was my baby shower held by the mothers. As usual, on a day of celebration the weather has to be lousy... We got snow and 3 people had to cancel coming to the shower that was held at Derrick's father's/step-mother's house. A couple people also were sick and weren't able to come. But we had a wonderful time. I definitely hope that the baby is still a girl because most of the gifts were pink. LOL Everyone was really generous and this baby will be spoiled (especially by the grandma's). We had yummy food and Derrick's sister came up with a fun 'Price is Right' game where we had to guess the price on 6 baby items and whoever was closest to the final total won a prize. I couldn't have asked for a better day. :D
Amazingly I got all the gifts into Derrick's car. We were thinking when we first were planning the shower that it would be no problem to haul the gifts back to the house because I would have my SUV. But we have been operating with only one vehicle this past week as my truck has been squealing due to a transmission part going bad. So we were able to get everything in the back seat and the trunk of Derrick's car and my mom held the cake that was left over on her lap.
When I got home I showed Derrick what we received for the baby. Twister of course was present in the room (as I showed him the items in the living room). He thought the stuffies that the baby got (one being a huge frog and the other being a musical flower with a bee that pulled down I got from my girlfriend Melanie and her mom) were actually for him and he tried stealing them out of the gift hamper. We had to hide them so he would leave them alone the little stinker! As if they don't have enough toys they always want more... LOL The dogs have definitely been a good practice for having kids! :D
Here are some pictures from the shower:
The cake:
Brownies that my cousin Christine made (with help from her two daughters):
And me opening some gifts:
Amazingly I got all the gifts into Derrick's car. We were thinking when we first were planning the shower that it would be no problem to haul the gifts back to the house because I would have my SUV. But we have been operating with only one vehicle this past week as my truck has been squealing due to a transmission part going bad. So we were able to get everything in the back seat and the trunk of Derrick's car and my mom held the cake that was left over on her lap.
When I got home I showed Derrick what we received for the baby. Twister of course was present in the room (as I showed him the items in the living room). He thought the stuffies that the baby got (one being a huge frog and the other being a musical flower with a bee that pulled down I got from my girlfriend Melanie and her mom) were actually for him and he tried stealing them out of the gift hamper. We had to hide them so he would leave them alone the little stinker! As if they don't have enough toys they always want more... LOL The dogs have definitely been a good practice for having kids! :D
Here are some pictures from the shower:
The cake:
Brownies that my cousin Christine made (with help from her two daughters):
And me opening some gifts:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home