Clean Sweep Saturday
This morning we took it easy and then decided to tackle a room we have been putting off for awhile - the office. Both of us had tons of stuff piled up in the room that we needed to go through. This is the room where if someone were coming to visit on a moment's notice it was the dump room for anything that we needed to 'put away'.
Derrick had papers, notes and handouts and such from past semesters that he needed to go through and decide if he wanted to keep it or not. I recycled a lot of magazines that people either gave to me or I got in the mail. We also moved some of the pieces of furniture in the room to other places in the house or in the garage.
Elizabeth helped us out a little by playing with papers and boxes. We kept her entertained for a little while. She was stubborn today and didn't want to go down for a nap for the longest time. Finally she got tired enough that she slept for a couple hours.
We were very happy with our accomplishment and the room looks great. We still have to go through the closet a little bit more. It has some boxes in it plus Derrick's collection of Hot Wheels. He's going to a toy show tomorrow so hopefully he will get some contact information so that he can sell some/most of it. We are just disgusted with all the crap one collects when you have a house. We even thought to tell our family not to buy us anything except consumable goods because we just don't want any more stuff to store/take up space.
Tonight I also put Elizabeth's photos in an album (finally) so it was fun looking at all the pictures of her growing up from day one through four months. I still have to print out month 5 through 7. And I think there is still from month four that needs to be printed out. Thank goodness the price went down on the photos!
Derrick had papers, notes and handouts and such from past semesters that he needed to go through and decide if he wanted to keep it or not. I recycled a lot of magazines that people either gave to me or I got in the mail. We also moved some of the pieces of furniture in the room to other places in the house or in the garage.
Elizabeth helped us out a little by playing with papers and boxes. We kept her entertained for a little while. She was stubborn today and didn't want to go down for a nap for the longest time. Finally she got tired enough that she slept for a couple hours.
We were very happy with our accomplishment and the room looks great. We still have to go through the closet a little bit more. It has some boxes in it plus Derrick's collection of Hot Wheels. He's going to a toy show tomorrow so hopefully he will get some contact information so that he can sell some/most of it. We are just disgusted with all the crap one collects when you have a house. We even thought to tell our family not to buy us anything except consumable goods because we just don't want any more stuff to store/take up space.
Tonight I also put Elizabeth's photos in an album (finally) so it was fun looking at all the pictures of her growing up from day one through four months. I still have to print out month 5 through 7. And I think there is still from month four that needs to be printed out. Thank goodness the price went down on the photos!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home