A Day of Rest
Today Derrick and I took it easy as much as we could while dealing with a baby on the go. Elizabeth woke up at 3:30am hungry and wet. Derrick tried giving her a bottle so I could just take it easy. But she wanted nothing of it and wanted only me. We were just concerned that I would give her something.
Derrick got up with her around 8:00/8:30am and let me sleep in. I got up around 9:30am. I went downstairs but still felt like crap. Derrick had called Elizabeth's doctor's office and asked if I should be feeding her to which they said yes since the milk has antibodies in it and it sounded like I had a 24 hour flu.
I also debated if I should call my grandfather and cancel our plans. Elizabeth didn't want to sleep at all today and cried when I put her down around 11:00am. Derrick still wasn't feeling well either. While straightening up and cleaning the house he got exhausted quickly.
Elizabeth's Great Grandpa and Grandma came over around 2:00pm and they visited for an hour or so. Elizabeth was a good girl and didn't fuss at all (even though she was very tired). They brought her an adorable lady teddy bear that was bigger than her and also a playschool farm keyboard. She enjoyed banging on that.
After they left I fed Elizabeth and she took a nap and Derrick and I did the same. She slept for an hour or two and it was torture for me when she woke up because I felt like I could sleep for another three hours.
I didn't eat anything all day. Around 5:00pm I ate some cheese-its which didn't seem to upset my stomach at all. We ordered pizza since neither of us felt like cooking and it just sounded good. I was surprised that I was able to eat 1 1/2 pieces.
Derrick got up with her around 8:00/8:30am and let me sleep in. I got up around 9:30am. I went downstairs but still felt like crap. Derrick had called Elizabeth's doctor's office and asked if I should be feeding her to which they said yes since the milk has antibodies in it and it sounded like I had a 24 hour flu.
I also debated if I should call my grandfather and cancel our plans. Elizabeth didn't want to sleep at all today and cried when I put her down around 11:00am. Derrick still wasn't feeling well either. While straightening up and cleaning the house he got exhausted quickly.
Elizabeth's Great Grandpa and Grandma came over around 2:00pm and they visited for an hour or so. Elizabeth was a good girl and didn't fuss at all (even though she was very tired). They brought her an adorable lady teddy bear that was bigger than her and also a playschool farm keyboard. She enjoyed banging on that.
After they left I fed Elizabeth and she took a nap and Derrick and I did the same. She slept for an hour or two and it was torture for me when she woke up because I felt like I could sleep for another three hours.
I didn't eat anything all day. Around 5:00pm I ate some cheese-its which didn't seem to upset my stomach at all. We ordered pizza since neither of us felt like cooking and it just sounded good. I was surprised that I was able to eat 1 1/2 pieces.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home