A Baby Story

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

1 Year Appointment

Today Elizabeth had her one year appointment at her pediatrician's office. She was supposed to get a second influenza shot as well as the chickenpox shot but because she is having surgery tomorrow they held off giving it to her.

Her weight: 18lbs 14oz
Her height: 29 inches
Her head: 46 cm

Her height is at the average for her age and she is right on target for that. Her weight is still a little under the average but the doctor isn't concerned because babies are very active at this age so burn off what they take in.

He did stress to me that she should be on whole milk now because she hadn't grown much since last time and that she isn't getting as much from me with breastmilk. I felt really bad and guilty when he was saying this even though I was going to start her on whole milk soon anyways. Not sure if he thought I was hoping to keep her on BM forever or what but I felt a little like a bad guy. Other than he said she was really healthy (except for the obvious ear infection) and he will see her in three months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home