The next day...
Well we survived our first night home with Elizabeth. It was a little nerve wracking because we were so worried about her. Plus being in a new environment was rough for her because she was practically up every hour. We ended up putting the TV on and leaving it on the whole night thinking it might be too quiet for her since she was used to the sounds of the nursery and also being carted down to my room several times. She was up almost once every hour for a feeding.
We were relieved (and I'm sure she was too) that Elizabeth went poopy for the first time at 1:00 am. We were so happy that she finally went. At 8 am we called the doctor's office to tell them that she had finally gone and that everything seemed ok. It was a tar color that they said she should have since it was her first one. The rest of the day she went a couple more times and the color started changing. Her pipes were definitely working now. LOL
The animals were a little in turmoil since the baby got home. Both were really curious when she first came in the house and I think they knew things were going to be changing. Nasha laid down and gave us puppy eyes shortly after giving the baby the sniff over and Twister was intensly curious. I think he thought we brought him a new toy home at first. The cat decided she didn't want anything to do with the baby. During the night when we were in the baby's room changing her diaper and she was crying both dogs came to the gate to watch. Twister started crying when he heard the baby crying. Twister is the one that constantly craves attention and I think he was a little put off that this creature was taking it away from him. He looked really depressed during the day.
We basically did nothing all day except take care of Elizabeth. Derrick did run to school to pick up some papers that he needed to grade since he had cancelled his weeks worth of classes (except for his Thursday night Bioorganic class) and do some grocery shopping but the rest of the time we just relaxed and watched TV. He also ran to Babies R' Us and Target to get me a breast pump. My boobs had gotten so full since my milk had started coming in and I felt like Dolly Parton. The one side was especially sore since Elizabeth was not nursing from it for some reason. It felt like I had hard lumps in my boobs that were ready to burst since they weren't getting any relief. I had to put some warm compresses on it while I was waiting for Derrick to get home I was in so much agony. The pump helped a lot to relieve the pressure.
Here's Daddy with Elizabeth relaxing:
We were relieved (and I'm sure she was too) that Elizabeth went poopy for the first time at 1:00 am. We were so happy that she finally went. At 8 am we called the doctor's office to tell them that she had finally gone and that everything seemed ok. It was a tar color that they said she should have since it was her first one. The rest of the day she went a couple more times and the color started changing. Her pipes were definitely working now. LOL
The animals were a little in turmoil since the baby got home. Both were really curious when she first came in the house and I think they knew things were going to be changing. Nasha laid down and gave us puppy eyes shortly after giving the baby the sniff over and Twister was intensly curious. I think he thought we brought him a new toy home at first. The cat decided she didn't want anything to do with the baby. During the night when we were in the baby's room changing her diaper and she was crying both dogs came to the gate to watch. Twister started crying when he heard the baby crying. Twister is the one that constantly craves attention and I think he was a little put off that this creature was taking it away from him. He looked really depressed during the day.
We basically did nothing all day except take care of Elizabeth. Derrick did run to school to pick up some papers that he needed to grade since he had cancelled his weeks worth of classes (except for his Thursday night Bioorganic class) and do some grocery shopping but the rest of the time we just relaxed and watched TV. He also ran to Babies R' Us and Target to get me a breast pump. My boobs had gotten so full since my milk had started coming in and I felt like Dolly Parton. The one side was especially sore since Elizabeth was not nursing from it for some reason. It felt like I had hard lumps in my boobs that were ready to burst since they weren't getting any relief. I had to put some warm compresses on it while I was waiting for Derrick to get home I was in so much agony. The pump helped a lot to relieve the pressure.
Here's Daddy with Elizabeth relaxing:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home