Baby's First Valentine's Day
At 2:00 am in the morning the nurse brought Elizabeth in for her feeding session. As she wheeled her in, she pulled out a candle in the shape of a cupcake and card out from Elizabeth's cart and said that Elizabeth had gotten us a Valentine's Day gift. I thought it was the sweetest thing that the hospital staff could do (especially when they wake you every couple of hours to feed your baby).
A couple pictures of what Elizabeth gave us:


The feedings went well during the night and during the day. The nurses helped out by making sure she latched on well. Around 4:00 pm I was offered the chance to move to the 'suite' room in the wing since there were no private rooms open yet but the more expensive room opened up. Derrick checked it out and said we should take it. It had it's own shower/bathroom, a kitchen area with a refrigerator and microwave, a glider rocker and a couch. It cost more than the private room but it was nice to have my own private shower. I had to use the public shower while in the other room which was ok but your times of being able to use it were limited.
Elizabeth also got to wear her bib that my girlfriend Teresa gave her that said 'My First Valentine's Day'. (Excuse how tired I look)
A couple pictures of what Elizabeth gave us:


The feedings went well during the night and during the day. The nurses helped out by making sure she latched on well. Around 4:00 pm I was offered the chance to move to the 'suite' room in the wing since there were no private rooms open yet but the more expensive room opened up. Derrick checked it out and said we should take it. It had it's own shower/bathroom, a kitchen area with a refrigerator and microwave, a glider rocker and a couch. It cost more than the private room but it was nice to have my own private shower. I had to use the public shower while in the other room which was ok but your times of being able to use it were limited.
Elizabeth also got to wear her bib that my girlfriend Teresa gave her that said 'My First Valentine's Day'. (Excuse how tired I look)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home