Friday's News
40 weeks and 2 days...
I had a doctor's appointment today. She checked me out and said that the baby was at a 0 station and I was 2 1/2 cm dilated. I also was 80% effaced (meaning the cervical lining was getting thin - a good thing). While she was doing the internal she was working things around purposely (and painfully) to get things moving along. She said she would be very surprised if I made it through the weekend without delivering. She said if I didn't deliver, I was to come in Monday morning at 7:30am for an ultrasound at the other office to check the amniotic fluid levels and then they would induce me. But she was very excited with the progress I have made since last week's appointment.
I also found out good news: one of the nicer doctors is on call all weekend, including Monday! So I don't have to worry that I will have the nasty doctor delivering the baby on Monday should things progress that far along. I just feel bad that Derrick took off today and cancelled his class and nothing happened. But I'm glad he was there because I was really nervous and I didn't sleep well last night. I was wide awake from 4:00am - 5:30am thinking of what will happen.
The baby's heartbeat was good in the 136-138 range. My weight stayed the same as last time and my belly was at 40cm. My blood pressure was 124/62 and pulse was 77.
So we shall see what happens... Keep your fingers crossed!
I had a doctor's appointment today. She checked me out and said that the baby was at a 0 station and I was 2 1/2 cm dilated. I also was 80% effaced (meaning the cervical lining was getting thin - a good thing). While she was doing the internal she was working things around purposely (and painfully) to get things moving along. She said she would be very surprised if I made it through the weekend without delivering. She said if I didn't deliver, I was to come in Monday morning at 7:30am for an ultrasound at the other office to check the amniotic fluid levels and then they would induce me. But she was very excited with the progress I have made since last week's appointment.
I also found out good news: one of the nicer doctors is on call all weekend, including Monday! So I don't have to worry that I will have the nasty doctor delivering the baby on Monday should things progress that far along. I just feel bad that Derrick took off today and cancelled his class and nothing happened. But I'm glad he was there because I was really nervous and I didn't sleep well last night. I was wide awake from 4:00am - 5:30am thinking of what will happen.
The baby's heartbeat was good in the 136-138 range. My weight stayed the same as last time and my belly was at 40cm. My blood pressure was 124/62 and pulse was 77.
So we shall see what happens... Keep your fingers crossed!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home