A Baby Story

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Some relief - finally!

Countdown:
4 days until my due date


Last night I couldn't breath through my nose. I was so desperate I even did a VICKS tent. For those who don't know what that is... You take some VICKS vapor rub and put it in a bowl and pour bowling water on top of it. You stick your face over the bowl and put a large towel over your head. It helped my throat out a lot but didn't really give me much relief for my nose. I then put it under my nose and it still wasn't working. That just pissed me off because it has always brought some relief when I have had stuffed noses before. I went to bed and around 2:00am woke up to take a trip to the bathroom. I could actually breath! I was so happy. I ended up going downstairs having some OJ and then decided to get a bottle of water so that I could get some fluids in me. I was so happy! I was hoping it would stay that way until I got up. Woke up around 7:30am and still was able to breath somewhat through my nose. I kept telling myself I would rather have my cough than a stuffed nose and I got my wish. At least with my throat I can drink hot tea, eat soup, and take cough syrup and know I will get some relief.

I did a lot of cleaning around the house with my mom today. I also worked outside a little bit while Derrick was out driving my mom around. It was a beautiful sunny day and somewhat warm and I wanted to get some fresh air. I sorted through our apples that we picked a couple months ago and tossed the couple spoiled ones into the back lot for the deer. I think I will definitely sleep well tonight.

Derrick doesn't think we should go to church tomorrow and just take it easy the whole day so I can recuperate more. I am feeling much better than I was last night at this time. He also mentioned that his sister and mom will be coming out to the house to see the baby's room sometime tomorrow. (That's one of the reasons I wanted to clean up the house a little bit today.)

I'm not sure if it's wishful thinking but I think Elizabeth is making progress towards her way out. I had different type aches and pains today. No contractions yet but she seemed to be pushing a different way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home