Topsy Turvy Tuesday
Countdown:
8 days until my due date
3 days until done with work
Today was an emotional rollercoaster of a day. My boss came back from sabbatical today so I was overjoyed at that - for some reason I feel relieved to have him back. My student called in again this morning - things don't sound too good for her grandmother (whom she lives with). She was on her way in to the hospital with her mom to talk with the doctor when she called me. So we shall see if she comes in tomorrow. Work had a little get together to welcome my boss back and at it we found out from the director that our coworker's partner had passed away at a young age of 40-something. So that was sad.
And then I got frustrated with the human resource person for the libraries. It turns out I have to turn in a timesheet every month that I'm gone. She told me I could premake them out - but I told her I don't know when the baby's coming!!! That will throw off my days, etc. She told me to make them out anyways and the director's assistant (who we turn the timesheets into) will change all of them if need be. *roll* So the way we figured it out (the assistant and I) is I will make them out monthly and email the file into her and she will print it and put "on maternity leave" in my signature part of the sheet. I am so pissed at this HR department because they are making me jump through hoops. Makes me look forward to having a second child... Eesh!
I'm just glad I'm feeling better today. I went to bed early last night around 9:30/10:00 since I was falling asleep while watching TV and I felt so rested this morning when I got up. I was actually up and about earlier this morning than I normally get up.
Elizabeth disappointed my girlfriend by not coming yesterday. She called me and I answered the phone with 'no she isn't here yet'. LOL I said that Elizabeth didn't want to take away her special day from her. My girlfriend responded saying she wanted to share her birthday with her. :D
I think I spoke too soon. Around 7:00pm I started sneezing my head off. My poor nose was sore by the time Derrick got home around 8:30pm. I don't know what triggered it. He felt so bad for me because I kept sneezing non-stop. He said I looked like I had chipmunk cheeks because they were so irritated from the rubbing of the tissue. Blah! I don't need this!!!
Derrick's grandmother called tonight. She thinks the baby will come tomorrow since it is another change in the moon (since Elizabeth didn't come on the full moon last month).
8 days until my due date
3 days until done with work
Today was an emotional rollercoaster of a day. My boss came back from sabbatical today so I was overjoyed at that - for some reason I feel relieved to have him back. My student called in again this morning - things don't sound too good for her grandmother (whom she lives with). She was on her way in to the hospital with her mom to talk with the doctor when she called me. So we shall see if she comes in tomorrow. Work had a little get together to welcome my boss back and at it we found out from the director that our coworker's partner had passed away at a young age of 40-something. So that was sad.
And then I got frustrated with the human resource person for the libraries. It turns out I have to turn in a timesheet every month that I'm gone. She told me I could premake them out - but I told her I don't know when the baby's coming!!! That will throw off my days, etc. She told me to make them out anyways and the director's assistant (who we turn the timesheets into) will change all of them if need be. *roll* So the way we figured it out (the assistant and I) is I will make them out monthly and email the file into her and she will print it and put "on maternity leave" in my signature part of the sheet. I am so pissed at this HR department because they are making me jump through hoops. Makes me look forward to having a second child... Eesh!
I'm just glad I'm feeling better today. I went to bed early last night around 9:30/10:00 since I was falling asleep while watching TV and I felt so rested this morning when I got up. I was actually up and about earlier this morning than I normally get up.
Elizabeth disappointed my girlfriend by not coming yesterday. She called me and I answered the phone with 'no she isn't here yet'. LOL I said that Elizabeth didn't want to take away her special day from her. My girlfriend responded saying she wanted to share her birthday with her. :D
I think I spoke too soon. Around 7:00pm I started sneezing my head off. My poor nose was sore by the time Derrick got home around 8:30pm. I don't know what triggered it. He felt so bad for me because I kept sneezing non-stop. He said I looked like I had chipmunk cheeks because they were so irritated from the rubbing of the tissue. Blah! I don't need this!!!
Derrick's grandmother called tonight. She thinks the baby will come tomorrow since it is another change in the moon (since Elizabeth didn't come on the full moon last month).




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home