A Baby Story

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Another night

has passed. Today's Derrick's 29th birthday and he says he feels older. I have to laugh when I hear him say something like that. He is jumpy today too. I was standing downstairs in the hallway thinking about what I needed to/should do next and he came out of the bathroom and asked me what was wrong. I said 'nothing!' I guess so many people have commented on the baby possibly coming today that we are both skittish.

The baby is moving around today doing her usual ballet inside. I am sore down below like I have been riding a horse or a bike for hours. That's a pain that has popped up now and then so I'm not concerned it is a sign of labor.

I packed my bag for the hospital this morning since I had some extra time before leaving for work. Thanks to Jan I had a good idea what to bring with me. I just have to put a couple more things in but I should be pretty well set. Nasha was on the bed when I was packing the bag and was giving me puppy eyes - probably wondering what I was doing or where I was going.

Derrick and I carpooled today and he said he would keep his cell phone on all day in case I needed to reach him. I also called the doctor's office and had them fax me the list of steps to do should I go into labor. I have an appointment tomorrow at their office but wouldn't mind knowing what to do should I need to go in before then.

Tonight Derrick is taking my truck out to my cousin's house to get the 4wd fixed (I hope) and I'm hoping nothing happens with me while he is gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home