A Baby Story

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

37 Weeks!

We are another week closer to seeing our baby girl! :D

Today I had a doctor's appointment - I got to see my doctor (gyn) that I had before I got pregnant. Everything looked good... I gained 3 lbs since my last appointment - but as the nurse and the doctor said I had lost a lb at the previous appointment so technically I only gained 2 lbs since I was there two weeks ago. Overall I have gained 21 lbs according to my doctor and she said that is very good!

Today's stats: My blood pressure was ok - 120/65 with a pulse rate of 88. This was a little higher than normal for me (which is normally around 110/60) but I think it was due to me driving with idiots in the @#$%^#$ snow trying to get to my appointment which I ended up being 10 minutes late for :(. My urine was good too - normal levels for sugar and protein. I was a little worried about the protein since there has been a rash of people on the pregnancy board with elevated protein levels. I wasn't sure if this was something common for this stage of pregnancy.

I also found out who was on call around my due date. I was happy to find out that there are two nice doctors scheduled for the weekend before (February 4th) and after (February 11th) my due date. I also found out my doctor is on call on Thursdays. It might seem strange why I'm so concerned about this but there is one doctor in the practice that I hope is not on call for my delivery. I found out her day on call is Monday's and with my luck Elizabeth will decide to arrive then. I just don't care for her because of her awful bedside manners and overall attitude. I've only met with her once but that was enough - I was very glad when my appointment next week was rescheduled for the Nurse Practitioner because this doctor had to cancel her appointments. After seeing the labor video in our birthing basics class, Derrick understood why I wanted a doctor that was pleasant/had good bedside manners.

My belly measured 38 cm (1 cm over norm but that is probably due to my fibroids so that's ok) and the baby's heartbeat was 138. I was also dilated a finger width (1/2 cm I think she said) and the baby has already moved down to a negative one (-1) station (meaning she has dropped into position). She felt my belly and said the baby seemed to be a good size (not HUGE like the technician made it sound).

I can't say the internal was pleasant. In fact it kinda hurt... :( The doctor said not to be surprised if there is some spotting later today and when I was getting dressed I already had some. :p

Tomorrow I have an ultrasound at their other office and so we will get to see how big she has grown since last time. Hopefully I will get more pictures to take home and of course I will post them! :D

I also called a pediatrician's office today to find out what I needed to do to have my baby checked by them and to become a patient. All I had to do was give them my name and my due date and I was all set. They have two doctors that are on call for the hospital I will be delivering in. My neighbor had heard from someone that the one doctor is really good so that makes me more comfortable going to that office. I know she was looking into going there as well for her twins. It's right around the corner from us! They have four doctors in their group and I hope that things will work out for us and that our baby will be taken good care of there. :D

Here's today's picture(s) of me at 37 weeks (sorry a little blurry):



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home