A Baby Story

Monday, January 17, 2005

Another Monday is here...

(23 days until my due date)

As you may have read in the last post, we got hammered with snow during the evening. As the university had no classes (but the library was still open) and there were no equipment requests today I figured I would call off of work. I didn't feel comfortable driving Derrick's car in the snow 30 minutes into work and I didn't know how much snow we got near my workplace. It turns out we got hit harder than they did there. But my student made it into work and I just called her and said I wouldn't be coming in. It was nice to snuggle in bed with my husband and all three animals while the snow blew around outside.

Plus last night we got a call around 11:30pm from Derrick's step-mother saying that his grandfather was taken into the emergency room again. This is the third hospital visit for him in a month or two. :( He had been coughing up blood and had a bloody nose since yesterday afternoon. We are hoping and praying that he makes it to see his great granddaughter born. They did admit him and I guess his oxygen count was down. So in light of this information, I didn't want to take our only vehicle to work and God forbid something happen to his grandfather.

I've been walking around like an old lady again today. I'm really sore in my inner leg muscles and it feels like I have been riding a bike or horse all night. It's very frustrating! Elizabeth is also dancing around inside and giving me a couple of good jabs.

Derrick started working on the baby's room again today. We cleared out everything that was in the room and he painted the ceiling. It looks brighter in there already! Once that dries (and we see how well it covered) he will start on the wall. He told me that he was going to try and surprise me today and have the room all painted and the crib put together by the time I got home from work. (The funny part was he was the one who told me not to go to work...) But at least I was here to help him move some stuff from the room.

This week I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday for my first internal to see how dilated I am. And Thursday I have a ultrasound/sonogram appointment to see how our baby is doing. So it will be a busy week with appointments. The downside is the whole university is back in session this week so parking will be a pain in the butt when I get to work late... Oh well :D It's worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home