A Baby Story

Monday, January 10, 2005

It's Monday...

Today there are only 30 days left until Elizabeth Iris should be arriving into the world. Woo... What can I say... It's scary but exciting, nervewracking and thrilling all at the same time.

Got a call from Derrick's dad last night (Sunday) asking about the baby's name. I guess Derrick's grandma is having a hard time believing/understanding that the baby is named after her and my grandmother (Iris). She had asked Derrick's dad what other Elizabeth's the baby was named after... Um, just you and my grandmother Iris... :D So he had called to just verify that with us. She is so funny!

When Derrick had talked to her on the phone when she had called me Saturday night he asked her what she thought of the baby's name and he had to tell her that we weren't kidding at the shower earlier that day and that the baby was named after her... And yet even on Sunday she still was in disbelief. LOL! We haven't told my grandmother the name of the baby yet as she didn't want to know the sex of the baby. Derrick's grandparents didn't want to know either but I guess his dad had slipped the Friday before the shower and did a crappy job of covering up (so they found out early what the sex of the baby was). She would have found out at the party anyways seeing as everything was PINK! :D My grandmother's weren't able to make it so they are still sheltered from what the gender is.

I got a call from my girlfriend Teresa this morning while I was walking into work. She was unable to make it to the shower Saturday due to the weather and also the fact that her shoulder was really messed up (making it hard to drive in the first place). We went out to lunch at Say Cheesecake! and she also brought my shower gift with her. We had a great talk and caught up on things. Lunch was delicious and of course we had to have a slice of cheesecake for dessert. YUM! We haven't seen each other since Derrick and I went to her son's birthday party at LaserTron. We talked about pregnancy and such and I forgot that her daughter was only 26 weeks along when she was born! I'm glad her daughter has thrived and has grown up to be a beautiful young lady. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home