A Baby Story

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Frustrated and Disappointed

Had a doctor's appointment today. Good news is I'm now 1 cm dilated. The frustrating news... the nurse practitioner said I was at a -3 station. How can that be? I know my doctor last week said I was at -1 (which means the baby is lower in position than a -3) and when I asked her if the baby could change stations higher she said no. I'm so confused and disappointed about that.

The baby's heartbeat was good in the 140s and my belly is now at 39 cm. The internal didn't hurt today either. She reminded me to breath (maybe that is why it hurt last week?) when she was checking me for dilation, etc. We'll see if there is any bleeding/spotting. My blood pressure was good 116/68 with a pulse of 96.

Plus I got really frustrated at work yesterday as well. The human resource department for the libraries are being butt heads and wanting me to jump through hoops. Originally the HR department for the campus said I didn't need a note from the doctor - but then the library HR requested one. Fine I got that. Then they wanted me to give them specific dates on when I would use vacation and sick time and when I would take the couple unpaid days. I gave the library HR the dates and was told I should do it another way (when the way I did it was the way the campus HR department told me to do it so I didn't end up paying for my medical coverage out of my pocket while on unpaid leave). This whole thing has been a pain in my backside...

I didn't sleep well last night either. I kept waking up and rolling over (maybe worried I would be going into labor over night). Silly of me I know. Some good news - my truck is now fixed (again) and I have 4WD to track around in all this snow we have been getting. That is such a relief for both of us. I guess something had gotten unplugged from underneath my truck and it was a simple fix for my cousin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home