A Baby Story

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

D-Day

Countdown:
Today's my due date - 40 weeks


Today's the day. Today I went to the state troopers station and got the seat checked to see if it was installed properly. The woman trooper was also pregnant with her first (and a girl) and is due May 8th (Mother's Day). She was very helpful and spent 30 minutes with me explaining how to adjust things and what not to do. I also went to the clerk's office which is across the parking lot to pay for Twister's dog license. So he's legal again. :D

Yesterday I had called the doctor's office to speak with the nurse about my swollen feet, legs, and ankles. I figured it was normal but just wanted to double check. The nurse gave me some good advice about elevating the feet, cut the salt intake, and also said I might have to wear my husband's socks and shoes that won't be constricting. I laughed when she told me this... Derrick wears a size 13 shoe. To my size 7 foot his shoes are boats. I told my mom what the nurse had said and she said I should take a picture to document what she instructed me to do. So Derrick took a picture of me this morning wearing his work shoes:



I look like a clown (and not a very awake one at that). I also got together my CDs today to take with me to listen to during the labor process. Now if it would only occur :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home