A Baby Story

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What A Morning!

It started with Elizabeth finally going to sleep at 1am. She woke up at 5:15am and so I brought her back to our bed and fed her. At 6:00am the damn woodpecker came back and started drilling on our house. Derrick went outside and scared him away. Then at 7am the guy who was supposed to roll our lawn last week called us to say he was out front and the yard was too wet to roll and he would be back Friday or Saturday. 7:30am Derrick's alarm went off. UGH! Every hour something woke us up.

Today I started getting Elizabeth to take to the bottle. She has eaten from the bottle before but we have been a little lax in keeping it up with her so that lately she refuses the bottle. I figured if I could get her to take it from me maybe she would take it from Derrick. Plus this way she would be more willing to take a bottle while we are out in public.

The first attempt at a bottle today she threw a tantrum. Now you might say babies don't throw tantrum's but I'm pretty sure this was one. She was kicking her legs, crying, arching her back, etc. It took 20 minutes but she finally started drinking from the bottle. I tried explaining to her how she needs to start drinking from a bottle during the day because mommy will be back at work and daddy will be feeding her. Once she started drinking I praised her and told her what a good girl she was.

The second attempt today took about 15 minutes of the same tantrum routine but then she ate. The third attempt she took the bottle right away. It was great to see she had such a quick progression to accepting the bottle. I'm going to try this technique during the week so that it becomes a routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home