A Baby Story

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Another Busy Day

Mommy and Elizabeth today:


Today my girlfriend's two kids had their first communion. It was in a beautiful church and it was neat to see the kids dressed up. Mary Kate wore the dress she wore in my wedding when she was my flower girl.

Here are Mary Kate and Michael:


Elizabeth slept through the whole mass while we sat in the crying room. Another couple had their 5 month old son in the room as well. Derrick and I both think Elizabeth was as big as this 15 lb boy size wise. He was a cutie.

We went to a restaurant for the first time with Elizabeth. That was a little stressful. She started crying and couldn't be consoled and didn't want to take a bottle. Derrick walked around the room with her and she calmed down a little bit but then started up again. People kept looking over. So I took her out to the truck and fed her. After that she was calm and smiling while we ate lunch. After a little fussing she fell asleep and stayed that way while we drove home.

We can't complain because for being the first time out in two public places in a row she did really well. We need to get focused on getting her to accept bottles. I'm thinking I might try to do that during the day.

We got home to find Bella had found a new place to sleep - Elizabeth's bassinet:


Derrick went grocery shopping and I fell asleep with Elizabeth in the recliner. I was tired out after the hectic morning. Elizabeth's Grandma Popovici was over and played with her later in the afternoon. She told Elizabeth to smile and she smiled and then she told her to laugh (adding in a little laugh) and Elizabeth laughed. She did it a couple times so we aren't so sure it was fluke. :D It was cute to see her do that.

We drove my mom home and Elizabeth fell asleep in her car seat. It looked a little uncomfortable the way she was sleeping in her seat:


We all went to bed "early" around 11:30pm since we were tired from a long day of running around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home