A Baby Story

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Free Day

Today was a day that I didn't have any conference workshops to attend. Mainly because there wasn't much offered that piqued my curiousity. So I got to sleep in a little and then went shopping with Koviena. She also wanted to go into the Haunted House across from the Alamo which she did while I waited outside - I'm chicken when it comes to stuff like that. I did go into the Guiness World Record place with her and there was a lot of interesting things to see in there.

In the evening we went to St. Mary's University for a lovely Academic Special Interests Section reception. They had a wonderful spread of Tex Mex food and desserts. We also got to see their beautiful law library.

We got back and I wanted to go to the karaoke event that was being held at a local bar. A couple people went with me to stick their heads in but no one wanted to stay. So I stayed there and had a ball watching other librarians go up and sing. And of course the audience sang along too at times. I got there at 9:30pm and the bar originally was supposed to close at 10pm but they kept it open so our large group could do karaoke. I ended up staying there until 12:30am when they decided to close up. Koviena did come back and sit with me for an hour or so until it ended because she didn't want me walking back to the hotel alone.

My favorite song was when they sang the Ramones song I Wanna Be Sedated

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do nowhere to go I wanna be sedated

Just get me to the airport and put me in a plane
Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane I can't control my fingers
I can't control my brain oh no oh ho

Just put me in a wheelchair and get me to the show
Hurry hurry hurry before I go loco I can't control my fingers
I can't control my toes oh no oh ho


Of course everyone sang this song because there was 24 hours left to the conference. It was a blast to sing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne Marie, I love that Ramones song! How funny! It sounds like you had a good time! :-)

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home