A Baby Story

Saturday, September 17, 2005

First Trip to the Zoo

Today I did a walkathon for the Alzheimer's Association with my girlfriend Melanie. Before the start of the walk, participants could visit the sponsor booths and enjoy breakfast. Some mascots and clowns walked around the tents visiting with the kids and joking around with the adults. One of the mascots was the Sabres mascot Sabretooth. Elizabeth started crying when he came over to say hi. I would have thought she would be curious about him but I guess she was a little intimidated or tired since she didn't get her morning nap.

At the end of the walk they let us walk through the zoo and so I took advantage of it since I had Elizabeth with me. The day started out cool but it got warmer by the time we made it to the zoo. Elizabeth had a very nice time looking at all the animals. She really enjoyed watching the hyenas come up to the glass and also watching the sea lions swim around and around underneath us.

Elizabeth also got a chance to feed the giraffe. My girlfriend's idea - she even bought the graham cracker for her. The giraffe was so funny with it's long tongue and it was almost licking it's lips as it bent down for the cracker. She took a picture of us with the disposable camera so I'll have to wait and post the picture when I get the film developed. Elizabeth had a huge smile on her face when the giraffe took the cracker and she heard everyone go 'Aw' behind us. There wasn't a line when we first got there so it was a surprise to hear that from behind us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home