Frustrated
Elizabeth has thrush. Not only is this frustrating in itself but the fact that I might have caused it frustrates me even more!
Back when Derrick was in Canada with his dad to close up the cabin I came down with a cold and I also had severe pain in my chest and it hurt to nurse. It hurt to even wear a light shirt. I called my OB/GYN and the nurse said to do warm/hot compresses to take care of the problem. After reading an article online today, it turns out that the symptoms I was having were symptomatic of having a thrush-like infection. It did go away for me but in turn I think I passed it on to Elizabeth. I feel awful! I wish the office would have diagnosed it properly so I could take the proper medicine or treat myself so that it wouldn't be passed on to her.
It doesn't seem to be bothering her as she is her usual happy self but I'm just so mad that this happened!
On another note, I think I should start a blog just about what the dogs have collected/chewed on while we are at work since it seems to be becoming a daily event. Today we got home and the dogs did their usual 'we're happy to see you let's run and jump around' dance. I looked in the living room and saw something on the dog bed. Today they brought a magazine and a large oversized pen into the living room. The magazine was a little chewed up at the bottom of the spine but nothing major as the magazine had a thicker spine that was too hard to chew off I guess. The pen looked untouched but when we went to click it the pen insert wouldn't drop down. On closer examination there was a fang puncture through the pen tip and it was blocking the insert from dropping down. So that pen got tossed.
Back when Derrick was in Canada with his dad to close up the cabin I came down with a cold and I also had severe pain in my chest and it hurt to nurse. It hurt to even wear a light shirt. I called my OB/GYN and the nurse said to do warm/hot compresses to take care of the problem. After reading an article online today, it turns out that the symptoms I was having were symptomatic of having a thrush-like infection. It did go away for me but in turn I think I passed it on to Elizabeth. I feel awful! I wish the office would have diagnosed it properly so I could take the proper medicine or treat myself so that it wouldn't be passed on to her.
It doesn't seem to be bothering her as she is her usual happy self but I'm just so mad that this happened!
On another note, I think I should start a blog just about what the dogs have collected/chewed on while we are at work since it seems to be becoming a daily event. Today we got home and the dogs did their usual 'we're happy to see you let's run and jump around' dance. I looked in the living room and saw something on the dog bed. Today they brought a magazine and a large oversized pen into the living room. The magazine was a little chewed up at the bottom of the spine but nothing major as the magazine had a thicker spine that was too hard to chew off I guess. The pen looked untouched but when we went to click it the pen insert wouldn't drop down. On closer examination there was a fang puncture through the pen tip and it was blocking the insert from dropping down. So that pen got tossed.




1 Comments:
I know what you mean about the dogs. Sissy has been chewing all kinds of things these days. I don't know what her deal is.
Post a Comment
<< Home