Hot hot hot!
This morning when Elizabeth woke up she was piping hot and very lethargic. We gave her some Tylenol to bring down the fever and tried taking her temp with two of our thermometers. We did the thermometer under the armpit and it wasn't reading her temperature very well (it was reading a lot lower than what she felt to the touch) and so I tried the fever strip that you put on the forehead and that was reading between 102 and 104 degrees.
We called the doctor's office and they gave us an appointment at 11:30am. I called into work and told them I wouldn't be in today since I had to take Elizabeth to the doctors. Derrick went in to teach his morning class and said he would call later to see if I wanted him to come home.
Around 10:30am another situation came up (not with Elizabeth thank goodness) and I started stressing out because I didn't know what I should do. I called all of Derrick's numbers and there was no response. Finally he called me back and I asked him to come home if he could before I had a nervous breakdown. He canceled his class and came home. Luckily he was able to cancel class and not have any repercussions.
I took Elizabeth to the doctor and they took her temperature - it was 104.2! I felt so bad for her having a temperature that high! They also measured her weight while we were there and she weighs 16lb. 2oz. They didn't measure her height but we measured her at home to roughly 27 inches. The doctor checked her ears and said that they were inflamed - the one ear was especially inflamed and that was probably causing her fever. They gave her an injection in both her thighs - the nurse said it was a thicker solution so she split the dosage into two shots. Poor baby... They also gave her a dose of Motrin by mouth to help with the fever.
In a couple hours she seemed back to her happy, playful self. She was a completely different baby from what we saw in the morning. I was so relieved to see her feeling better.
We called the doctor's office and they gave us an appointment at 11:30am. I called into work and told them I wouldn't be in today since I had to take Elizabeth to the doctors. Derrick went in to teach his morning class and said he would call later to see if I wanted him to come home.
Around 10:30am another situation came up (not with Elizabeth thank goodness) and I started stressing out because I didn't know what I should do. I called all of Derrick's numbers and there was no response. Finally he called me back and I asked him to come home if he could before I had a nervous breakdown. He canceled his class and came home. Luckily he was able to cancel class and not have any repercussions.
I took Elizabeth to the doctor and they took her temperature - it was 104.2! I felt so bad for her having a temperature that high! They also measured her weight while we were there and she weighs 16lb. 2oz. They didn't measure her height but we measured her at home to roughly 27 inches. The doctor checked her ears and said that they were inflamed - the one ear was especially inflamed and that was probably causing her fever. They gave her an injection in both her thighs - the nurse said it was a thicker solution so she split the dosage into two shots. Poor baby... They also gave her a dose of Motrin by mouth to help with the fever.
In a couple hours she seemed back to her happy, playful self. She was a completely different baby from what we saw in the morning. I was so relieved to see her feeling better.




2 Comments:
Poor thing had to get two shots! I hate when they have to get shots. Glad she is feeling better.
Glad she's ok!!! Lucas had a fever of 107 degrees on the night of his first birthday, and there was three feet of snow in the driveway! Thankfully we were able to bring it down (very gradually).
The good news was that he did not have a seizure, because my daughter had febrile seizures from 13months old until she was 5. (at very low temps...99 would send her into a seizure. It was awful.)
Anyway... so happy your little one got through her ordeal, probably better than you did!
Post a Comment
<< Home