A Baby Story

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ear Surgery

Elizabeth had surgery today to have ear tubes put in and it went very well. Derrick, Elizabeth and I got to the hospital around 6:30am for admissions. Went up to another floor and then waited until 8:30 for her surgery. Elizabeth had fun watching all the other muchkins running around and playing. She also looked cute in her hospital gown.

We got called into the 'OR' around 8:35am and I put her on the table (which she didn't like of course) and they put the gas mask on her. That was the hardest part to watch - poor thing is crying in the mask and we are trying to calm her down. It seemed to take forever for her to go under the anethesia.

We stepped out and went the little ways back to her room and 5 minutes later we hear her crying as they wheel her the couple steps across the way to the recovery room. She fell asleep for a couple minutes and when she woke up and started crying again they called us in. I held her while sitting in a rocking chair and she drank some apple juice stopping to cry now and then. 10 minutes later I carried her back to the room we were waiting in and once her temperature was taken we were out of there. We left the hospital around 9:15/9:30am.

She cried off and on for a little while as I was driving but then she fell asleep. They said she would be a little irritable as the anethesia was wearing off. I got home and she woke up - ate a whole jar of stage 2 fruit, she had some milk and then took a 3 hour nap (during which I snuck her ear drops in her ears).

She woke up and was so perky and lively - it was like she was a whole new girl. I have to wonder if she felt so much better with the pressure and gunk gone between her ear drums. Derrick got home from work and even he saw how different she was acting.

Here she is that night walking around pushing her cart:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home