Happy Turkey Day
This year thanksgiving was held at Derrick's dad's house instead of his aunt's house in the southern tier. I was asked to bring the sweet potatoes and I was fretting about it since I have never made them before. Normally I am asked to bring the green bean casserole. Thankfully my online friend Amy had a great recipe that I tweaked a little after taking a test run with it the weekend before. She had warned me that it might be a little sweet. LOL It was a huge success and I was asked for the recipe.
Some pictures from the day:
Ride 'em cowgirl! Elizabeth taking a ride on Grandma's rocking horse.

Did someone say turkey?! Elizabeth couldn't get enough turkey and kept taking some off of my plate every chance she got after eating her share.

Every thanksgiving must be accompanied by naps (for all ages) - Elizabeth and her Uncle Don snoozin'. Elizabeth had just come back from a walk with Grandma and Aunt Alyson and she fell asleep during it.

Aunt Alyson (who is pregnant) and Elizabeth before their walk:
Some pictures from the day:
Ride 'em cowgirl! Elizabeth taking a ride on Grandma's rocking horse.

Did someone say turkey?! Elizabeth couldn't get enough turkey and kept taking some off of my plate every chance she got after eating her share.

Every thanksgiving must be accompanied by naps (for all ages) - Elizabeth and her Uncle Don snoozin'. Elizabeth had just come back from a walk with Grandma and Aunt Alyson and she fell asleep during it.

Aunt Alyson (who is pregnant) and Elizabeth before their walk:




2 Comments:
Glad it was a hit, I figured the "southern" version may be a little too sweet. Growing up my Grandmother cooked with sugar in so much I guess we are just used to it!
It's February!
Happy First Birthday to Elizabeth!
Post a Comment
<< Home