Baby's First Doctor's Appointment
Elizabeth slept better last night. She only got up 2 times since she went to bed at 12:30 so I got a little more rest. We still left the TV on all night.
Today we got to visit Elizabeth's pediatrician's office for the first time. We really liked the office. It was in a professional park that is only about 5 minutes away from our house. It had a very large and open waiting room with two sides that you could sit in. Elizabeth didn't care for it - she cried the whole time we were in the office. Another woman smiled at us and joked about how she just found herself patting her son who looked like he was 7 when she heard Elizabeth crying. She asked if she was a newborn and we told her yes she was born last sunday. She said she could sympathize since she also had a 6 week old (who was also with her in a car seat). There was no wait (I didn't even get the paperwork finished) and we were brought back to the exam room. We had to strip her down and then take her diaper off to put her on the scale. She weighed in at 8lbs 3oz so she was definitely gaining weight since she left the hospital on Tuesday (where she was 7lbs 15oz). I was not surprised there as she was eating a lot. :D
The one doctor came out and said 'I recognize that cry!'. It was the female pediatrician that came to see her while she was at the hospital. The nurse took us back to the room and told me I could feed her while we waited for the nurse practitioner to come in. So I fed her and she quieted down - of course. The nurse practitioner (who also is a lactation consultant) came in and said I had her latched on very well. She checked her ears and eyes and everything looked good. Her heart and lungs sounded good too. She said her umbilical cord looked good too (I was concerned because it looked a little funky in the one part). Her head diameter was larger too than it was when she was born. Her head measured 31.5 cm at the hospital when she was born and now it was 35 cm which is normal because you think of the compression of her head during delivery... The nurse told us that shots wouldn't begin until she was 3 months old and the next doctor's appointment would be when she's one month old with one of the doctor's in the practice.
We got home and gave her a 'bath'. Not technically a bath but a wash down with a wash cloth and a little soap and water. And then she took a long nap. I guess all the excitement of the car ride, the doctor's office and the bath were too much for her. :D
Our angel sleeping:
Today we got to visit Elizabeth's pediatrician's office for the first time. We really liked the office. It was in a professional park that is only about 5 minutes away from our house. It had a very large and open waiting room with two sides that you could sit in. Elizabeth didn't care for it - she cried the whole time we were in the office. Another woman smiled at us and joked about how she just found herself patting her son who looked like he was 7 when she heard Elizabeth crying. She asked if she was a newborn and we told her yes she was born last sunday. She said she could sympathize since she also had a 6 week old (who was also with her in a car seat). There was no wait (I didn't even get the paperwork finished) and we were brought back to the exam room. We had to strip her down and then take her diaper off to put her on the scale. She weighed in at 8lbs 3oz so she was definitely gaining weight since she left the hospital on Tuesday (where she was 7lbs 15oz). I was not surprised there as she was eating a lot. :D
The one doctor came out and said 'I recognize that cry!'. It was the female pediatrician that came to see her while she was at the hospital. The nurse took us back to the room and told me I could feed her while we waited for the nurse practitioner to come in. So I fed her and she quieted down - of course. The nurse practitioner (who also is a lactation consultant) came in and said I had her latched on very well. She checked her ears and eyes and everything looked good. Her heart and lungs sounded good too. She said her umbilical cord looked good too (I was concerned because it looked a little funky in the one part). Her head diameter was larger too than it was when she was born. Her head measured 31.5 cm at the hospital when she was born and now it was 35 cm which is normal because you think of the compression of her head during delivery... The nurse told us that shots wouldn't begin until she was 3 months old and the next doctor's appointment would be when she's one month old with one of the doctor's in the practice.
We got home and gave her a 'bath'. Not technically a bath but a wash down with a wash cloth and a little soap and water. And then she took a long nap. I guess all the excitement of the car ride, the doctor's office and the bath were too much for her. :D
Our angel sleeping:




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home