First Father's Day
Today was Derrick's first Father's Day. We let him sleep in a little bit and then got him up to give him his cards and gifts. Elizabeth got him a shirt with this on it since he's home all the time with her now:
Derrick picked up my mom and went grocery shopping. I told my mom to tell him not to get anything for dessert if he went for something. I had already bought an ice cream cake yesterday for him. It's a good thing I told her because he was heading for the ice cream cakes in the store.
Here's his cake:

While they were gone I made the tartar sauce and prepped the fish - descaling them, soaking them in salt water for a couple hours, made the batter and cut the fish which then went into the batter. Elizabeth was having a good time watching me do all this while in her carrier. I also did some more straightening up.
Everyone came over around 4:00pm and we ate dinner which turned out great and there were no leftovers.
We had a wonderful time and Elizabeth was a good girl. Her Aunt Alyson took her for a walk down the street and back while Daddy was deep frying the fish. The weather didn't get too hot so we were able to keep the doors open and enjoy the fresh air.
Elizabeth and her Daddy on Father's Day:
Derrick picked up my mom and went grocery shopping. I told my mom to tell him not to get anything for dessert if he went for something. I had already bought an ice cream cake yesterday for him. It's a good thing I told her because he was heading for the ice cream cakes in the store.
Here's his cake:

While they were gone I made the tartar sauce and prepped the fish - descaling them, soaking them in salt water for a couple hours, made the batter and cut the fish which then went into the batter. Elizabeth was having a good time watching me do all this while in her carrier. I also did some more straightening up.
Everyone came over around 4:00pm and we ate dinner which turned out great and there were no leftovers.
Elizabeth and her Daddy on Father's Day:




1 Comments:
Oh, how adorable!!!!! She is just precious (and look at that happy daddy!)
Post a Comment
<< Home