A Baby Story

Monday, June 20, 2005

Four Month Appointment

Elizabeth had her four month appointment today at 10:00am. There were lots of babies in the office but she was more interested in looking at the TV that had Ms. Spider playing on it.

Her stats for this appointment:
Height: 26 1/2 inches
Weight: 14.2 lbs

She's doing well and gained 2 pounds since the last appointment. The doctor didn't tell us what percentile she was in and I forgot to ask. I was too busy making sure I got all the questions answered that I had thought of the previous night. She was also a little fussy while the doctor looked her over. The doctor suggested giving her vitamins which didn't thrill us. We might try it again and see how she reacts to it this time now that she is a little older. He also said that we can start introducing cereal to her. We might wait until she is closer to six months of age to start giving her cereal.

He said that her teeth were there waiting to come out but probably wouldn't pop out until closer to six months of age. He also made the comment again about how she has two parents of very different sizes and he wondered what height she might end up at. Derrick and the doctor think she'll end up around 5'7". But we have a while before we see if that is true.

After he left she decided to start talking which she did until the nurse came in. Then the tears began to flow as she was given her four shots - two in each thigh. The nurse said she didn't enjoy it either because she has a two month old herself who just got shots recently.

Shots she got today:
- Haemophilus Influenzae Type b (Hib) Vaccine and Hepatitis B
- Polio Vaccine
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine
- Diptheria, Tetanus & Pertussis Vaccines

We went home and she ate and took a two hour nap. Derrick went to work for three hours to catch up on some stuff since I was home and could watch Elizabeth. Elizabeth got attached to me so much today that when he came home and held her she started crying and looked at me while I was in the kitchen and they were in the family room. I took her from him and she stopped. Poor baby wasn't feeling that great and had a little bit of a temperature from the shots.

I'm hoping she will sleep well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home