A Baby Story

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Another Day At Grandma's

Today Derrick and Elizabeth went back to Grandma's house so he could work on her house again. She was a much better baby today while there. Grandma played with her for a couple hours with some toys she had in the house. Derrick said that they were playing with a toy that you push a button and the figure pops up and Elizabeth was actually reaching for the button and hitting it. She also kicked it with her feet. So maybe we will have to get the Leap Pad out and see how she interacts with it. She definitely impressed her Grandma with her capabilities.

We have noticed that she is purposely kicking stuff now with her feet. I was showing Derrick the other night that if you put something in front of her near her feet she will kick it. I put a book down by her feet and she kicked it like mad. I took it away and she followed it with her eyes and when I put it back near her feet she started kicking at it again. It makes it hard to read anything when holding her in your lap.

Surprisingly she only had one bottle while she was at her Grandma's and that was an 8 hour visit. I guess she was so busy playing she didn't notice she hadn't eaten. She did make up for it when she got home with me.

She also slept a lot today. She took a 1 and 2 hour nap while at Grandma's and then she took an hour nap after she ate when she got home. She also had an hour nap before her last meal before bedtime. I wonder if she's going through another growth spurt with all the sleeping she is doing. We will see what she does tomorrow.

Derrick and I got a lot done around the house tonight. He cut the back yard and I cut the front yard. I came in, took a shower then did the dishes and two loads of laundry while I took care of the baby. Derrick also did some weedwhacking and work on the pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home