A Baby Story

Thursday, May 26, 2005

And we're off!

The day started with us getting up and taking our time (as we had everything piled up we didn't have to really rush). Derrick started packing the car and kept getting nervous that it all wouldn't fit and he was concerned about if my mom would be able to fit her stuff in. I kept telling him it would all fit. The diaper bag, Elizabeth's clothing bag, her milk cooler, and my pump went inside the car and the rest of the stuff fit in the trunk.

We left around 11:30am. I took my truck with the dogs and headed over to Derrick's mom's house while he took Elizabeth and went over to my mom's house to pick her up. We let the dogs run around a little bit outside in the backyard and then took off. The dogs gave us puppy eyes when we put the gate up in the house to keep them in the living room. I felt so bad and I hoped they wouldn't get into any trouble with the cat or do anything to the house because Grandma was next door babysitting her neighbors kids.

We started off around 12:30 and Elizabeth was a good girl. She was smiling and playing and I fed her when she was hungry. Two hours into the trip we made a pit stop because her diaper was wet and plus she had a very audible poop. We also had to do a wardrobe change since she had sprung a leak. :p

She ate a lot during the trip. She just kept putting them away! I definitely think she went through a growth spurt on the trip. The next stop was at our normal spot to get gas and something to eat. The rest of the trip she continued to eat, play and sleep. We got up to the cabin around 5:30pm shortly after Derrick's father had arrived.

We unpacked, set up her bassinet and our sleeping arrangements, had a quick dinner and then just took it easy the rest of the evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wording "audible poop" made me laugh and then a "quick wardrobe change". I can totally understand those feelings! Brooke is already a champ at them! I am glad the ride went well! :)

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home