A Baby Story

Monday, July 25, 2005

Where's Bella?

Today Derrick and Elizabeth went to Grandma's house and I went to work. They left first and I left shortly after. As I was leaving I heard a meow. I looked around for Bella and shook her food dish but couldn't find her. So I put a piece of food in her dish and left (since I was running behind as it was). I figured she was hanging out someplace and just didn't want to answer her food dish - which she has done before. I got home later that afternoon and went upstairs while Derrick was out with the dogs. The piece of food was still in the dish - which is very unusual for piggy Bella. I looked high and low for her and when Derrick came in I told him I couldn't find the cat.

The next four hours we looked everywhere in the house and outside of the house for her. We looked in the garage thinking she may have slipped into there. We looked in the basement which she likes to sneak down into - we don't let her down there. We were sick to our stomach because it was a hot day and we worried she got out. We asked our neighbors to keep an eye out for her and they searched their back yard. Derrick walked down the street to see if she was hanging out with some outdoor cats and he also walked in the woods. He also took off in the car and searched a very large radius since she could've gotten anywhere in 8 hours. I walked to the end of our street and put a LOST flyer on the street sign just in case she did get out and someone caught her.

Derrick came back and went downstairs to the basement to look again. At that time my cousin called and he took the phone call while down there. A few minutes later I heard him yell up that he heard the cat and to quick come down. He told my cousin he would have to call him back the cat was in the basement ceiling. We think she could've gotten up there two ways. One way is if she jumped up to the glass block window ledge and gotten up through the tiny hole we have open still from the addition's construction. The other way would be through the decoration closet. She could've jumped up to the beam in the closet and walked through into the ceiling of the larger room. We were so happy to find her but the stinker didn't want to come down. We struggled for a good 10 minutes trying to get her down.

You never know how quiet a house can be when an animal is missing/gone. So we are happy to have her annoying/but cute meowing back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home