Apple Picking
Today was a busy day at work for Mommy. Several of her students are coming down with colds and calling in and today we were short a person. We also celebrated the retirement of a coworker who will be sadly missed with a delicious lunch at a Lebanese restaurant. I'm still in shock that this person is retiring - it was so sudden. The lunch was delicious and it was fun trying new foods!
After work I picked up Elizabeth from daycare and took the back roads to get to the apple orchard we visit every year hoping that I would get there before they closed at 6. Having little cash on me (and Derrick having the ATM card on him), I hesitantly asked the worker there if they took credit to which she said 'YES! We actually installed it today. Today is the first day we are.' What luck on my part!
So I strapped Elizabeth on me in the Bjorn and we started picking apples out of the bin. I would've liked to have gone and picked off the trees but figured it would be easier to do it this way since I had Elizabeth on me and no one to help me carry the bag. So I got 20 lbs of apples (1 brown bag full) and also a gooseneck butternut squash and an acorn squash as well. Elizabeth had fun watching me while talking away the whole time and the one owner stopped over to talk with her. After we were done purchasing our veggies and fruit, Elizabeth and I went over to see all the animals. Elizabeth liked the two goats and she smiled at them. She was a little nervous about the calf (maybe because of it's size) and she loved the Thanksgiving turkeys. She laughed as they gobbled at her. We also saw some pheasants in a wire silo on the farm as well but she didn't really care about them. So it was Elizabeth's first time on a farm and first time for apple picking.
After work I picked up Elizabeth from daycare and took the back roads to get to the apple orchard we visit every year hoping that I would get there before they closed at 6. Having little cash on me (and Derrick having the ATM card on him), I hesitantly asked the worker there if they took credit to which she said 'YES! We actually installed it today. Today is the first day we are.' What luck on my part!
So I strapped Elizabeth on me in the Bjorn and we started picking apples out of the bin. I would've liked to have gone and picked off the trees but figured it would be easier to do it this way since I had Elizabeth on me and no one to help me carry the bag. So I got 20 lbs of apples (1 brown bag full) and also a gooseneck butternut squash and an acorn squash as well. Elizabeth had fun watching me while talking away the whole time and the one owner stopped over to talk with her. After we were done purchasing our veggies and fruit, Elizabeth and I went over to see all the animals. Elizabeth liked the two goats and she smiled at them. She was a little nervous about the calf (maybe because of it's size) and she loved the Thanksgiving turkeys. She laughed as they gobbled at her. We also saw some pheasants in a wire silo on the farm as well but she didn't really care about them. So it was Elizabeth's first time on a farm and first time for apple picking.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home