Night/Day from Hell!!!
UGH!!! It seems as if someone took our sweet baby and replaced her with a fussy one. Early Sunday morning she didn't want to let us sleep... I would feed her several times and put her down but she began to fuss and cry. Well last night she did the same thing... We got very little sleep. I felt like crap when Derrick left for work.
All day I had a fever, had the chills, and then had the sweats. Plus Elizabeth wanted to feed every hour. I got maybe an hour or two sleep during the day when she decided to rest. I was in tears by 3:00pm. I couldn't take it anymore. Poor Twister was very sympathetic with me. He cuddled me the whole day and also got frustrated with all the crying. He kept stomping his legs/feet on the bed when he changed positions. He even gave me kisses. I called Derrick and left him a message asking him to come home as soon as he could. He got done with class around 3:30pm but was not in his office or in reach of the lab phone when I tried to call him. He ended up calling me around 5:00pm. I took two Tylenol's and it seemed to break the fever but I was still drenched with sweat. I also was having pain in my left breast. I didn't know if it was another engorgement episode or what - I thought that was only in the first couple of days. I had the baby feed from it for most of the day and it seemed to help a little but it still hurt to lay on it.
Derrick helped me out with the baby when he got home by holding her and she actually fell asleep on his chest. He suggested we call the doctor's answering service to see if they had any suggestions. Since she wasn't running a fever they suggested we call the office in the morning and come in sometime during the day. Around 8:15pm I passed out and slept until 10:00pm. I missed American Idol but I was pooped. The sleeping helped me out a lot though.
All day I had a fever, had the chills, and then had the sweats. Plus Elizabeth wanted to feed every hour. I got maybe an hour or two sleep during the day when she decided to rest. I was in tears by 3:00pm. I couldn't take it anymore. Poor Twister was very sympathetic with me. He cuddled me the whole day and also got frustrated with all the crying. He kept stomping his legs/feet on the bed when he changed positions. He even gave me kisses. I called Derrick and left him a message asking him to come home as soon as he could. He got done with class around 3:30pm but was not in his office or in reach of the lab phone when I tried to call him. He ended up calling me around 5:00pm. I took two Tylenol's and it seemed to break the fever but I was still drenched with sweat. I also was having pain in my left breast. I didn't know if it was another engorgement episode or what - I thought that was only in the first couple of days. I had the baby feed from it for most of the day and it seemed to help a little but it still hurt to lay on it.
Derrick helped me out with the baby when he got home by holding her and she actually fell asleep on his chest. He suggested we call the doctor's answering service to see if they had any suggestions. Since she wasn't running a fever they suggested we call the office in the morning and come in sometime during the day. Around 8:15pm I passed out and slept until 10:00pm. I missed American Idol but I was pooped. The sleeping helped me out a lot though.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home