Two Week Mark
I can't believe she's two weeks old - I know, I said that last week. In a way it makes me sad because the weeks are going by so quickly... It's probably too early to feel that way but I can't help it.
Here she is this week:

Last night was a rough night. Went up to bed around 12 and did the usual routine - changed Elizabeth's diaper, fed her, laid her down. Well she was not a happy camper. I did this routine (feed/laid her down) several times. And ended up changing her diaper again. Well after going through this routine until 2:00 am I woke Derrick up to see if he could calm her down. He ended up changing her diaper and handed her back to me because she wouldn't calm down for him either. She was hungry (somehow). So finally after feeding her and laying her down she was out like a light. She let me sleep in until 7:30 am and then once she was fed and changed she let us sleep until 9:30 am. I hope this doesn't become a nightly habit. She has been sleeping in my lap a lot lately after eating so I hope she doesn't become (sleep) dependent on me due to that.
We had several visitors today. Derrick's father, stepmother, mom and sister came to visit (at different times) and all got to hold Elizabeth. Then our hairdresser called to ask if he could take a ride out to see the baby and he said he also made a gift for the baby. Now this is a man that is constantly complaining about kids that come into his shop. It was a really sweet gesture and to take a 30 minute drive out to give it to her... He bought two pieces of fleece - one had Winnie the Pooh on it and the other was a plain yellow piece. He knotted them together to make a very cute blanket.
I thought this was a great picture:

She loves to hold onto fingers and I just thought this showed how small her fingers are... She's holding onto Derrick's stepmothers finger. I just love her fingers and toes!
Here she is this week:

Last night was a rough night. Went up to bed around 12 and did the usual routine - changed Elizabeth's diaper, fed her, laid her down. Well she was not a happy camper. I did this routine (feed/laid her down) several times. And ended up changing her diaper again. Well after going through this routine until 2:00 am I woke Derrick up to see if he could calm her down. He ended up changing her diaper and handed her back to me because she wouldn't calm down for him either. She was hungry (somehow). So finally after feeding her and laying her down she was out like a light. She let me sleep in until 7:30 am and then once she was fed and changed she let us sleep until 9:30 am. I hope this doesn't become a nightly habit. She has been sleeping in my lap a lot lately after eating so I hope she doesn't become (sleep) dependent on me due to that.
We had several visitors today. Derrick's father, stepmother, mom and sister came to visit (at different times) and all got to hold Elizabeth. Then our hairdresser called to ask if he could take a ride out to see the baby and he said he also made a gift for the baby. Now this is a man that is constantly complaining about kids that come into his shop. It was a really sweet gesture and to take a 30 minute drive out to give it to her... He bought two pieces of fleece - one had Winnie the Pooh on it and the other was a plain yellow piece. He knotted them together to make a very cute blanket.
I thought this was a great picture:

She loves to hold onto fingers and I just thought this showed how small her fingers are... She's holding onto Derrick's stepmothers finger. I just love her fingers and toes!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home