Mama's Night Out
Elizabeth slept almost straight through the night last night. She went to bed at 11:30pm and got up around 5:30am. She then slept from 5:45am to 8:40am. I didn't even hear Derrick leave this morning for work.
One thing I've learned while taking care of Elizabeth is if she hasn't pooped all day get ready for an explosion and explode she did today. It's amazing how much can come out of such a little body!
Tonight I went out to my girlfriend's Mary Kay party. It was very nice to get out of the house and do something on my own. I didn't even feel bad leaving Elizabeth with her father (maybe that's bad on my part since I always hear how teary eyed or emotional women are to leave their babies). She did well with her daddy. I guess she cried for awhile after I left then she ate and fell asleep for an hour. Daddy had some playtime with her making her laugh and then she got cranky again. She was crying when I got home. As soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and just laid there on my chest and fell asleep while I walked around with her.
I was gone for three hours total and he said it went well but he has a new appreciation for me and what I go through on a daily basis (because he wasn't able to get anything done while watching her - not that he expected to). He then went and graded papers after I got home. He's going to get another chance at watching her on Friday when I take my mom to the hairdresser's and also get a haircut myself. I can't wait! My hair desperately needs a cut!
While at my girlfriend's house, she gave me a gift certificate for my birthday gift. The gift certificate is good for a manicure at a local salon and she offered to watch Elizabeth while I go and get pampered. It was really sweet of her to do that!
One thing I've learned while taking care of Elizabeth is if she hasn't pooped all day get ready for an explosion and explode she did today. It's amazing how much can come out of such a little body!
Tonight I went out to my girlfriend's Mary Kay party. It was very nice to get out of the house and do something on my own. I didn't even feel bad leaving Elizabeth with her father (maybe that's bad on my part since I always hear how teary eyed or emotional women are to leave their babies). She did well with her daddy. I guess she cried for awhile after I left then she ate and fell asleep for an hour. Daddy had some playtime with her making her laugh and then she got cranky again. She was crying when I got home. As soon as I picked her up she stopped crying and just laid there on my chest and fell asleep while I walked around with her.
I was gone for three hours total and he said it went well but he has a new appreciation for me and what I go through on a daily basis (because he wasn't able to get anything done while watching her - not that he expected to). He then went and graded papers after I got home. He's going to get another chance at watching her on Friday when I take my mom to the hairdresser's and also get a haircut myself. I can't wait! My hair desperately needs a cut!
While at my girlfriend's house, she gave me a gift certificate for my birthday gift. The gift certificate is good for a manicure at a local salon and she offered to watch Elizabeth while I go and get pampered. It was really sweet of her to do that!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home