1 Month Doctor's Appointment
Elizabeth had her one month checkup today at the doctor's office. She got to meet the other doctor in the practice. He was very nice and kept telling her she's a good baby. Surprisingly she didn't cry as much as usual while at the doctor's office. Our baby is now 10lbs and 22 1/2 inches long! The doctor said on the growth scale she is a little above normal in those two areas but there's nothing wrong with it. He also joked about her parent's height difference and said that one never knows where she will fall in the height range. :)
He asked me how often I fed her and I told him anywhere from every 1 to 3 hours (since some days she's a pig and others not). He told me to cut down on the 1 hour feedings and if she acts hungry to give her water with sugar or light karo syrup in it (1 tsp sugar to 4 oz water). I didn't care for that suggestion - just because I don't want to give her sugar. I will just have to try the pacifier when she asks for another feeding after an hour. We'll see...
She also has two little birthmarks that appeared - one on her chest and one on her side close to her armpit. He said that they will grow a little larger and become raised and then might disappear. He said it will be awhile before they disappear. :(
But all in all it was a good appointment. She also slept a lot today. I got a lot done around the house while she was sleeping so that was nice.
He asked me how often I fed her and I told him anywhere from every 1 to 3 hours (since some days she's a pig and others not). He told me to cut down on the 1 hour feedings and if she acts hungry to give her water with sugar or light karo syrup in it (1 tsp sugar to 4 oz water). I didn't care for that suggestion - just because I don't want to give her sugar. I will just have to try the pacifier when she asks for another feeding after an hour. We'll see...
She also has two little birthmarks that appeared - one on her chest and one on her side close to her armpit. He said that they will grow a little larger and become raised and then might disappear. He said it will be awhile before they disappear. :(
But all in all it was a good appointment. She also slept a lot today. I got a lot done around the house while she was sleeping so that was nice.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home