Success?
Well Elizabeth slept in her crib last night. She also woke up a couple extra times than normal too. But that was probably due to the fact that she was REALLY sound asleep from 10-11. When I tried to wake her at 11 to eat she just sucked for a little bit and fell back to a deep sleep. She woke up at 2:30am, 5:00am, and 7:15am. Which isn't too bad - it's just one time more than normal.
We had some excitement this morning. Our next door neighbor called us around 8:00am to warn us not to take the dogs outside. He saw a fox stumbling around in his back yard and then go into his vacant dog house. He thought the fox was rabid. Derrick gave him the phone number for the department that handles these issues and they sent a sheriff out to kill it. The fox ended up coming out of the dog house and walked into our yard. The officer shot it twice after it had gone into the wooded area behind our property. I'm glad our neighbor warned us because our dogs like to take us back to the very back of our property to do their business. Our neighbor also told us that someone (the sheriff?) had killed a rabid raccoon this past week down the block from us. :( I hope this is the extent of the rabies situation.
Today I pumped some milk and tonight Derrick gave it his first try at feeding Elizabeth with a bottle. She took the bottle very well even though she gulped quickly. I guess it will take some practice. Plus I think Derrick was a little nervous at first... She was still hungry after she took from the bottle so I fed her some more and she seemed to have no problem going back to nursing.
Here's Daddy feeding Elizabeth:

Here's a closeup of Elizabeth:

We also tried a pacifier tonight. Derrick picked up two kinds for her on his way home from work. One is supposed to simulate a nipple and the other is your standard looking pacifier. She had a hard time keeping both in her mouth as her tongue kept pushing it out when she sucked on it. She was able to keep the later in her mouth more easily. I had to laugh because she reminded me of Maggie from The Simpsons sucking on her pacifier the way it kept popping in and out of her mouth.
I got quite a bit done today. I made Derrick's lunch, straightened up the house a little, did the dishes, wrote some thank you notes, did the baby's laundry, took some garbage out to the garage, stripped our bed and took care of Elizabeth. I tried to take a nap around 4:00pm when I put Elizabeth down after she fell asleep in my arms but the stinker woke up. Maybe tomorrow I can get some rest. I do have to go to the DMV tomorrow and also drop my mom off at an appointment. I'm hoping there won't be any sick people at the DMV - I don't want Elizabeth catching anything but I need to get my license renewed and they want me to take a stupid eye exam.
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow... Derrick is leaving to go to work early as he has an 8:00am meeting with a company rep at school and it is his late night - he'll be teaching until 9:00pm. He is going to be sooooo tired! :( I feel so bad for him. Plus he will be tutoring some students during the 2 hours he has between his classes so he won't get much done then either. Spring break can't come soon enough!
We had some excitement this morning. Our next door neighbor called us around 8:00am to warn us not to take the dogs outside. He saw a fox stumbling around in his back yard and then go into his vacant dog house. He thought the fox was rabid. Derrick gave him the phone number for the department that handles these issues and they sent a sheriff out to kill it. The fox ended up coming out of the dog house and walked into our yard. The officer shot it twice after it had gone into the wooded area behind our property. I'm glad our neighbor warned us because our dogs like to take us back to the very back of our property to do their business. Our neighbor also told us that someone (the sheriff?) had killed a rabid raccoon this past week down the block from us. :( I hope this is the extent of the rabies situation.
Today I pumped some milk and tonight Derrick gave it his first try at feeding Elizabeth with a bottle. She took the bottle very well even though she gulped quickly. I guess it will take some practice. Plus I think Derrick was a little nervous at first... She was still hungry after she took from the bottle so I fed her some more and she seemed to have no problem going back to nursing.
Here's Daddy feeding Elizabeth:

Here's a closeup of Elizabeth:

We also tried a pacifier tonight. Derrick picked up two kinds for her on his way home from work. One is supposed to simulate a nipple and the other is your standard looking pacifier. She had a hard time keeping both in her mouth as her tongue kept pushing it out when she sucked on it. She was able to keep the later in her mouth more easily. I had to laugh because she reminded me of Maggie from The Simpsons sucking on her pacifier the way it kept popping in and out of her mouth.
I got quite a bit done today. I made Derrick's lunch, straightened up the house a little, did the dishes, wrote some thank you notes, did the baby's laundry, took some garbage out to the garage, stripped our bed and took care of Elizabeth. I tried to take a nap around 4:00pm when I put Elizabeth down after she fell asleep in my arms but the stinker woke up. Maybe tomorrow I can get some rest. I do have to go to the DMV tomorrow and also drop my mom off at an appointment. I'm hoping there won't be any sick people at the DMV - I don't want Elizabeth catching anything but I need to get my license renewed and they want me to take a stupid eye exam.
I'm not looking forward to tomorrow... Derrick is leaving to go to work early as he has an 8:00am meeting with a company rep at school and it is his late night - he'll be teaching until 9:00pm. He is going to be sooooo tired! :( I feel so bad for him. Plus he will be tutoring some students during the 2 hours he has between his classes so he won't get much done then either. Spring break can't come soon enough!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home