A Baby Story

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Visitors

My mom came over today and helped me out around the house. The house desperately needed a good vacuuming which my mom did. I also got a chance to cut Nasha's nails since I didn't get to them when I did Twister's last week. Elizabeth slept for a good amount of time and was an angel.

Elizabeth's Aunt Melanie (my girlfriend) and her husband Jim came to visit Elizabeth for the first time tonight. Elizabeth was not on her best behavior and pretty much cried the whole time they were here. She did sleep long enough to allow me to eat dinner. The rest of the time I pretty much spent upstairs feeding Miss Chunky Monkey.

Here's my girlfriend Melanie holding Elizabeth:


Derrick went to work today and was there all day catching up on work. I feel like I have not seen him all week because every night he was at work late or was downstairs working on his school work - grading, making lessons, etc. I'm hoping I get to see more of him this coming week.

Today Derrick's family celebrated his sister's birthday. We didn't go to the party because we didn't want to take the baby out too much. It was also the suggestion of Derrick's mom not to come over because of that reason. In a way I'm glad we didn't go because Elizabeth would have been cranky and cried the whole time and I would have been upstairs in her daddy's old bedroom nursing for most of the visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home