A Baby Story

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

A Trip to the Doctors

We called the doctor's office this morning and they gave us a 2:30 appointment. They ended up calling me around 11 to ask how long it would take me to come in (since I had asked them to call me if they got an earlier appointment). I told them 15 minutes and hustled to get the baby in her seat, the car warmed up, and me dressed. Thank goodness I have 4 wheel drive because we got a lot of snow overnight.

While waiting in the waiting room, this cute 4 year old came in with her mom and started talking with me. She was not shy at all! She asked if there was a baby in the car seat (I had the blanket over the whole thing since she was sleeping). Then she asked if it was a girl or boy and what her name is... Then she proceded to tell me her name was Erin and she was 4 and her mom had the same name. She was funny.

I got called in and had to strip her down to her diaper. They weighed her (minus the diaper) and she weighed 9lbs!!! She's definitely living up to her nickname: Chunky Monkey. I got a new diaper on her and as soon as the doctor came in she proceeded to poop... LOL So they got me another diaper (since I only brought one - I still need to pack a diaper bag but then again I haven't gone anywhere with the baby except the doctors). Everything looked fine and the doctor said she was probably going through a growth spurt and that's why she was up and hungry all the time.

I also asked about my breast because I noticed today that half of it was inflamed looking. The doctor said it looked like I had a case of mastitis. The doctor's office has a lactation consultant on staff and she had her look at it too. The office is wonderful - they are so helpful and friendly - they even called my ob/gyn office and had them order me antibiotics for the inflamation. So now I will be on antibiotics for the next 7 days. :p But that is probably why I was running a fever yesterday as well as the chills and sweats.

We got the baby's birth certificate today. It's different looking... I thought it would look like mine since we both were born at the same hospital but I guess they changed the format of it in the last 29 years... LOL Unfortunately they misspelled my maiden name so I probably will have to send it back to the hospital to get it corrected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home