A Baby Story

Friday, March 04, 2005

It's Friday

Not much happened today. Elizabeth was a piggie as usual but I was able to get a little sleep in today. My mastitis is pretty much gone - but I still need to finish the antibiotics. I was able to sleep on my left side last night. It is also hurting less when Elizabeth nurses on it. So I'm glad about that!

Elizabeth got her social security number today in the mail. Of course we get it after I mailed in the paperwork for my health insurance today (which asked for the number). So I just called the HR people at work to tell them that when they get the paperwork this is her SS number.

My next door neighbor who had the twins called me today. We stuck a card in her mailbox congratulating her on her babies and put our phone number in there telling her to call us if they needed any help. So she told me about her delivery. Her babies were born on the 5th of February premature - she was originally due in April. They were 6 inches long and delivered by c-section. The boy had a hole in his lung so when he would breath his chest cavity would fill and collapse his lung so they had to put a chest tube in for him. The girl is doing well but she tends to stop breathing for a second then will resume. My neighbor said that was common for premies.

Her mother drives in 30 minutes to come pick her up and then takes her downtown to the children's hospital (which is another 30/45 min away). But she said she doesn't feel too bad because there is a family from MD that had their baby premature while in the area and so the mom has been traveling back and forth so that she can also see her other 4 children back in MD. My neighbor isn't doing so hot herself. She has been having lower back pain and pain in her right leg. She has been using a walker to get around and the doctors don't know what is wrong. She is having an MRI done this week. I hope they find out what's wrong with her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home