Another Week Begins
Derrick told me last night that he had new respect for me. I had to laugh. He saw what I go through on a daily basis for the most part yesterday. He changed a lot of diapers and heard her crying a good amount. He also saw how much she ate. It's not that he doesn't help when he comes home but this was the first day in awhile where he was home for a full day with her.
Elizabeth is such a deep sleeper sometimes. I tried to wake her up to feed her at midnight last night because I wanted to get back on the old schedule. Going to bed early is nice but getting up at 2:30am lately has been rough on me. Well I tried everything to wake her up - from massaging her to tickling her to gently rolling her side to side. She squirmed when I tickled her and cracked her eyes open but she didn't wake up enough to eat. So of course I gave up and put her in her crib and at 12:30am she decided she was ready to wake up and eat. The next time she woke up was at 4:30am and that was easier to handle. :D
Lately I have been having neck and shoulder pain. Most likely from carrying the chunky monkey around and from breastfeeding. I figured I would try the third position for breastfeeding and I LOVE it. Basically you are laying on your side and feeding the baby. Very comfortable for me and for the baby (not that she isn't comfortable in the other positions).
Elizabeth was a little stinker with Daddy tonight. Derrick told me he would watch her while I went and took a shower. The whole time I was in there I heard her crying. It turns out when he sat down with her she would start crying and then would stop once he got up and walked around with her. He would sit down and the crying would start again. Derrick was saying he was getting sore from carrying her around and now understands why I'm having the pain - because she is heavy! :D
She has been smiling a lot today. I think it is more voluntary. Before she would smile maybe once while she was awake and then smile a lot while she slept. I think she is also beginning to laugh while she is sleeping. She has cried before while she slept but today she had a big smile on her face and she seemed to be making laughing noises.
Tomorrow she goes for her one month checkup at the doctor's. I had to call my insurance company today to give them the name of her doctor as primary care physician. I forgot to put it on the application that I submitted to my work's HR dept. Another sleep deprived moment on my part...
I have become soft since having the baby. I was never one to cry at movies or television shows but now when I watch The Baby Story on TLC I get teary eyed when the mother gives birth. I also feel for the women when they go through contractions - it just takes me back to that day. But I would do it all again.
Elizabeth is such a deep sleeper sometimes. I tried to wake her up to feed her at midnight last night because I wanted to get back on the old schedule. Going to bed early is nice but getting up at 2:30am lately has been rough on me. Well I tried everything to wake her up - from massaging her to tickling her to gently rolling her side to side. She squirmed when I tickled her and cracked her eyes open but she didn't wake up enough to eat. So of course I gave up and put her in her crib and at 12:30am she decided she was ready to wake up and eat. The next time she woke up was at 4:30am and that was easier to handle. :D
Lately I have been having neck and shoulder pain. Most likely from carrying the chunky monkey around and from breastfeeding. I figured I would try the third position for breastfeeding and I LOVE it. Basically you are laying on your side and feeding the baby. Very comfortable for me and for the baby (not that she isn't comfortable in the other positions).
Elizabeth was a little stinker with Daddy tonight. Derrick told me he would watch her while I went and took a shower. The whole time I was in there I heard her crying. It turns out when he sat down with her she would start crying and then would stop once he got up and walked around with her. He would sit down and the crying would start again. Derrick was saying he was getting sore from carrying her around and now understands why I'm having the pain - because she is heavy! :D
She has been smiling a lot today. I think it is more voluntary. Before she would smile maybe once while she was awake and then smile a lot while she slept. I think she is also beginning to laugh while she is sleeping. She has cried before while she slept but today she had a big smile on her face and she seemed to be making laughing noises.
Tomorrow she goes for her one month checkup at the doctor's. I had to call my insurance company today to give them the name of her doctor as primary care physician. I forgot to put it on the application that I submitted to my work's HR dept. Another sleep deprived moment on my part...
I have become soft since having the baby. I was never one to cry at movies or television shows but now when I watch The Baby Story on TLC I get teary eyed when the mother gives birth. I also feel for the women when they go through contractions - it just takes me back to that day. But I would do it all again.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home