One Month, One Week and One Day Old
Just had to put that title since it's all ones... ;)
While reading on the baby board, I have to wonder why some babies sleep through the night and others don't. There are people on the board that have babies that are around one or two months old and sleep straight through the night already. I'm sure the feeding method is part of the equation since formula fed babies stay full longer than breastfed babies.
If I remember correctly Derrick's mom said that he and his sister slept through the night at 5 weeks and 5 days old (and they were breastfed). It would be nice if Elizabeth decided to do that but I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't complain though... It hasn't been too hard for me the last week or so to get up and feed her. I'm not as tired - maybe I'm just getting used to the routine. We'll see...
I also wonder when a routine should be placed as far as nap times go. Do you start when the baby is older or would that be something I should start now (even though I have no idea how to start that)?
Here's mommy and Elizabeth cuddling:

Today she seemed to be more adept at finding her hand to suck on it when she wanted something to suck on. She also has discovered ceiling fans. She stares up at them in fascination whether they are standing still or if daddy or I spin it for her.
While reading on the baby board, I have to wonder why some babies sleep through the night and others don't. There are people on the board that have babies that are around one or two months old and sleep straight through the night already. I'm sure the feeding method is part of the equation since formula fed babies stay full longer than breastfed babies.
If I remember correctly Derrick's mom said that he and his sister slept through the night at 5 weeks and 5 days old (and they were breastfed). It would be nice if Elizabeth decided to do that but I'm not going to hold my breath. I can't complain though... It hasn't been too hard for me the last week or so to get up and feed her. I'm not as tired - maybe I'm just getting used to the routine. We'll see...
I also wonder when a routine should be placed as far as nap times go. Do you start when the baby is older or would that be something I should start now (even though I have no idea how to start that)?
Here's mommy and Elizabeth cuddling:

Today she seemed to be more adept at finding her hand to suck on it when she wanted something to suck on. She also has discovered ceiling fans. She stares up at them in fascination whether they are standing still or if daddy or I spin it for her.




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home