One Extreme To Another
ACK! Elizabeth was not a sleepy baby today but a cranky crying baby. She hardly slept today and seemed to do nothing but cry. When I did put her down she slept for 10 minutes if that. I told Derrick when he got home I would make dinner and he would watch Elizabeth. She pulled the same thing with him. He gave her a bottle and she drank about 3 oz. and then started getting cranky again after spitting some of it up. He was really getting frustrated. I was able to get dinner in the oven and took her and she quieted down. She even fell asleep in my arms.
I hope that Derrick won't give up easily when this happens. He was upset that he didn't know what she wanted because he changed her, fed her, burped her and even walking around didn't seem to comfort her. I told him it takes practice. I'm starting to think I won't go to Texas for the conference this year... I don't know if I can leave him alone with her for a week. Things might be different by July - I'll have to play it by ear. Of course she'll be older by then too.
She did take a nap after I fed her tonight. She slept while we watched Survivor and American Idol and then we heard her stirring while AI was ending. After changing her diaper I brought her into our bedroom (where we were watching TV) and put her on the bed. Twister moved over and put his head next to hers.
Isn't this adorable?! We did not position them this way.

This is "vicious" Twister that got bounced from a home for supposedly biting a twelve year old and here he is cuddling a baby. Of course we were right there watching him because he tends to be clutsy with his head and paws but he has been really good with Elizabeth. (You can see my knee in the picture - LOL)
I forgot to post yesterday that Bella has also found Elizabeth's other bouncy chair and claimed it as her own. It was sitting next to me in the office and she just decided to climb into it and curl up for a nice nap. She also amused herself for a couple minutes by batting at the stuffed stars hanging above her. What a silly girl!
I hope that Derrick won't give up easily when this happens. He was upset that he didn't know what she wanted because he changed her, fed her, burped her and even walking around didn't seem to comfort her. I told him it takes practice. I'm starting to think I won't go to Texas for the conference this year... I don't know if I can leave him alone with her for a week. Things might be different by July - I'll have to play it by ear. Of course she'll be older by then too.
She did take a nap after I fed her tonight. She slept while we watched Survivor and American Idol and then we heard her stirring while AI was ending. After changing her diaper I brought her into our bedroom (where we were watching TV) and put her on the bed. Twister moved over and put his head next to hers.
Isn't this adorable?! We did not position them this way.

This is "vicious" Twister that got bounced from a home for supposedly biting a twelve year old and here he is cuddling a baby. Of course we were right there watching him because he tends to be clutsy with his head and paws but he has been really good with Elizabeth. (You can see my knee in the picture - LOL)
I forgot to post yesterday that Bella has also found Elizabeth's other bouncy chair and claimed it as her own. It was sitting next to me in the office and she just decided to climb into it and curl up for a nice nap. She also amused herself for a couple minutes by batting at the stuffed stars hanging above her. What a silly girl!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home