A Baby Story

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Five Weeks Old!

Our little girl is 5 weeks old today!


Things that are new:
- she is smiling a lot
- she is starting to laugh
- she is starting to make various coos and gurgles
- her cries are sounding different
- her poops have begun to stink a little (LOL)
- she is getting heavy!
- frequent power naps during the day - she'll sleep for 10 min. then wake up fussing

This morning I got growled at by Nasha. After the baby's 5:30am feeding, I came back to bed only to find Nasha had stretched her neck and head into the spot where I was sleeping. I didn't even touch her and she growled. My response: 'You growl at me again and you are off the bed!' I then moved her over and got back under the covers.

Elizabeth didn't sleep much today. She was doing her power naps thing and also fell asleep in my lap a couple times. As soon as we put her down she woke up or she slept for maybe 10 minutes.

I took some more pictures of her today (of course).

One of her short naps in my lap:


Must... fight... sleep...:


Derrick ran out and bought some diapers tonight. This is the first time we have had to buy diapers since we have had Elizabeth. We just finished using up all the diapers we got from the baby shower. It's amazing how many diapers a baby goes through! Eventually we will go to cloth... Jan might have to explain to me how to downsize the Wonderoos to a size 1 ;) There are so many snaps on it. :D

Wednesday is going to be a test night for daddy. My girlfriend is having a Mary Kay party and I am thinking of going to it. It's only for a couple hours (but a 30 minute drive away) and I'm hoping he can do it. It's nothing definite yet - I told my girlfriend I would try to be there. So we shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home