A Baby Story

Monday, March 28, 2005

Mommy's Six Week Appointment

Today I went to my ob/gyn's office with Derrick and Elizabeth to have my 6 week checkup by the doctor that delivered Elizabeth. Things look good even though I am still bleeding. I'm sick and tired of it! The doctor said that it should taper off soon. She thinks that maybe the fibroids are irritating my uterus thus making it a little longer process to stop bleeding.

She felt the fibroids and said they are smaller than before. My next appointment for a pap smear is in July so she had me schedule an appointment for an ultrasound a couple weeks before that appointment to see how the fibroids are doing.

I also got weighed today at the doctor's office and definitely like their scale better than ours at home. Their scale said I was 4 pounds lighter than the one we have at home. LOL! My blood pressure was good too. The doctor joked when we came into the office area because we were on time. She said usually the postpartum visit patients are usually 15 minutes late (since they aren't used to timing things with the new baby).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elizabeth slept well again last night. She slept from 12:00am to 6:15am and after I fed her and changed her she slept until 9:30am. I'm beginning to like this and I hope it continues.

With the nicer weather starting to arrive I hope to take Elizabeth out for walks in her stroller. Today it got in the 50s and it is supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow too. I can't wait for it to stay warm!

We are still working on feeding Elizabeth with a bottle. Derrick tried a couple times to feed her with a bottle today and she just kept crying. I think he is just getting frustrated or impatient when she doesn't take it right away. Another thing she does with him is she will take it for a couple swallows and then cry again. So while we were watching a movie I tried to feed her with a bottle. She did the same thing - suck and then cry but by continuing to try the bottle she eventually took it. It made Derrick frustrated with himself that she wouldn't take it from him and I just told him it takes patience and time. She might also feel he is tensing up when he goes to feed her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home