Visitors
Today my father came into town from Texas. My half brothers and sisters had bought him a plane ticket so that he could come see Elizabeth after she was born. It was very thoughtful of them and I'm glad I could see my dad and that he can meet his first granddaughter.
Today we got up and straightened up the second floor of the house. I cleaned the bathrooms up and did some vacuuming. There wasn't much left to do but we got all the little stuff that was left over done. Derrick also got some outside work done since it was a gorgeous day. It got up to 69 today!
Around 4:30pm my dad came over with my Grandmother (Elizabeth's Great Grandma) who hasn't seen her yet either. They brought dinner with them and we had pork chops with au gratin potatoes and carrots. It was great to have company that brought dinner with them. :D My grandmother couldn't get over Elizabeth and even cried a little at how precious she was. I think Elizabeth smiling at her did it. My dad was great with her too! He was able to get her to stop crying when she was fussing. I guess having six kids and a grandson gives you a lot of practice. ;)
They also loved our animals. My grandmother kept sneaking pork from her pork chop to Twister even though we asked her to stop. I kept trying to keep him by me while we ate dinner but I wasn't too successful. Twister got so greedy he even helped himself to her pork chop bone when she was bringing it up to her mouth. I didn't see it but was told about it by Derrick.
My dad was having fun with the dogs while visiting. He couldn't get over how well behaved they were even when he was teasing them. My father owned a retired racer greyhound when I was little and he was telling us stories about Greta. I guess she was able to open jars with her mouth and he caught her a couple times when she took a jar off the counter. She was a really smart dog. I still can't get over how much Twister looks like her.
My dad with Elizabeth:


Elizabeth and her Great Grandma Popovici:

Today we got up and straightened up the second floor of the house. I cleaned the bathrooms up and did some vacuuming. There wasn't much left to do but we got all the little stuff that was left over done. Derrick also got some outside work done since it was a gorgeous day. It got up to 69 today!
Around 4:30pm my dad came over with my Grandmother (Elizabeth's Great Grandma) who hasn't seen her yet either. They brought dinner with them and we had pork chops with au gratin potatoes and carrots. It was great to have company that brought dinner with them. :D My grandmother couldn't get over Elizabeth and even cried a little at how precious she was. I think Elizabeth smiling at her did it. My dad was great with her too! He was able to get her to stop crying when she was fussing. I guess having six kids and a grandson gives you a lot of practice. ;)
They also loved our animals. My grandmother kept sneaking pork from her pork chop to Twister even though we asked her to stop. I kept trying to keep him by me while we ate dinner but I wasn't too successful. Twister got so greedy he even helped himself to her pork chop bone when she was bringing it up to her mouth. I didn't see it but was told about it by Derrick.
My dad was having fun with the dogs while visiting. He couldn't get over how well behaved they were even when he was teasing them. My father owned a retired racer greyhound when I was little and he was telling us stories about Greta. I guess she was able to open jars with her mouth and he caught her a couple times when she took a jar off the counter. She was a really smart dog. I still can't get over how much Twister looks like her.
My dad with Elizabeth:


Elizabeth and her Great Grandma Popovici:





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home