A Baby Story

Friday, April 08, 2005

Body Fluids

A mother's job is never done... I have dealt with so many forms of body fluids the last two days that it's just unbelievable. Here's a list of what I dealt with:

1. Breastpump milk explosion (yesterday)
2. Baby spit up (both days)
3. Nasha threw up bile (yesterday)
4. Nasha threw up her dinner (today)
5. Twister threw up bile (today)
6. Pee leaks (Elizabeth yesterday and today)
7. Poop leak (Elizabeth today)

Just unbelievable... :D I would also like to take a poll of mother's to see what the most number of outfits their baby have worn in a day due to accidents. Today Elizabeth went through three outfits. LOL

I got a lot done today - most of the stuff I had on my list of things to do. I did the dishes, did the baby's laundry (mostly her Wonderoos), did my thank you notes for the baptism gifts, paid bills, and pulled old bills out that are long overdue for shredding.

My girlfriend also visited Elizabeth and I today as she and her husband were unable to come to the baptism and the party due to weather and having to move a trip out of town to an earlier time that day because of it. She and her husband bought Elizabeth three lovely books. One is a very thick nursery rhyme board book. One is a touchy feely book that has fuzzy spots and various textures of farm animals and things on a farm. The third one is a book that has flaps that the baby can lift up and look under it and again it is farm related.

Elizabeth was a sleepy baby today. She slept in the Bjorn as I worked around the house and office and she slept in my lap a couple times after eating. She slept well last night too (12:00am to 7:45am). I hope she will sleep well tonight after sleeping so much today.

Elizabeth practiced her situps tonight. She did about ten situps while I held her in my arms with her head and shoulders in my hands. She pulled herself up off of my hands and I kept encouraging her while she smiled and laughed at what she was doing. It also seemed like she noticed her feet today. I had her in her chair and she seemed to be watching her feet as she kicked them.

Elizabeth and I also got outside a little bit today - she rode on me in the Bjorn. It was such a beautiful sunny day! We walked out to the mailbox two times (once to put outgoing mail in the box and then to get the mail that arrived) and we took the dogs out to go potty.

Hiya Mommy!


Elizabeth looking at Twister:


Aren't I cute?


Nasha sleeping on the floor next to Elizabeth:

1 Comments:

Blogger Panthergirl said...

OMG...body fluid overload or not, those are some CUTE BABIES you've got!!!!!! (that human one is just beyond adorable). ;)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home