A Baby Story

Friday, April 01, 2005

Long Day For Daddy

Today my mom had a hair appointment at 9:45am and then a dentist appointment at 1:45pm which I took her to. This meant that Daddy had to care for Elizabeth all that time. We didn't get home until 4:30pm so he had her for 7 1/2 hours. She had cried alot but she took about 6 bottles from Derrick so he got a lot of practice with her. His mom came over around 11:00am so I'm sure he got some relief with her here to help. This was a good test for him though because this would be like a work day length of time for him to have her when I go back.

We did a lot of running around between appointments. We stopped to see my Grandma Schmidt and also pick up my mom's glasses she had left there when we had visited a week ago. We returned some stuff at Babies R' Us and bought diapers and breastmilk storage bags while there. We ran into Kmart so my mom could exchange some shirts she had bought. And we went to the bank so I could deposit an early baptism gift in Elizabeth's account. And while my mom was at the dentist's I ran to Salvation Army and dropped off some clothing and other items for donation. So it was another productive day.

Elizabeth's Grandpa and Great Grandma Popovici came again tonight and brought us dinner. We had Cream of Salmon soup, tossed salad, and Quiche. It was delicious and nice to have company bring dinner again. ;) My dad even took my mom home which was nice of him to do. I was again impressed by the way my dad handled Elizabeth. During dinner he took care of her so that I could eat and he didn't take any of her crying. ;) He kept sticking the pacifier in her mouth while she was in her swing (which she accepted although she sometimes frowned at him as if to say 'I know this isn't the real thing but I'll keep quiet for a couple more minutes.')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home